Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED! Big Webb's 2nd freebie!ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT!

BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
edited September 26, 2019 2:50PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

SORRY ALL, ILL BE DRAWING WINNERS THIS WEEKEND. Yes I said winners. I will draw 3 winners for making everyone wait so long. My apologies and best of luck.I can't let @lordmacovan have all the fun so, start with ENTRY POST and a pic of your favorite, most wanted or whatever of your cherished or gotta have piece of coinage and why you hold it above the rest. Nothing fancy just quick and to the point. The winner will recieve(drum roll please) a silver dollar. Not sure if it will be a peace, Morgan or ike but it will be a dollar none the less. Winner drawn on 31st. Good luck to all and THANKS for playing.

COOKIES!

Comments

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

Entry Post

This was my first non us coin. Just liked it enough as it stood out.

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

@Mjwags
    Thanks for your entry

COOKIES!

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2019 2:39AM

(Edit- forgot to put the words "entry post".)

Thanks.

This is one of my present favorites. Had a big purge back in March and sold off most of my "trophy" coins, but this appealing little owl from the Spartan colony of Taras is still with me.

Interesting detail: note that on Athena's headdress, there is a small figure representing the monster Scylla hurling a stone.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

@lordmarcovan thanks for your entry and I love any piece with an owl. They are very mysterious creatures and they look so regal. I have a gold BOBO. It's a 2010 Belarus 50 rouble. I'll post a pic when I grab it again but on the obverse is an owl with small diamond eyes. It's a beauty and so is yours, I love it.

COOKIES!

• DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

"Entry Post"

I need this for my 1909 - 1958 Lincoln Cent Set Registry.

It's about $65,000. So now you know why I still need it.

Thanks for the chance

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

@DiggerJim thanks for your entry. I think we all need a $65,000 piece. I know I do.

COOKIES!

• MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post

My favorite Morgan in my collection!

@BIGWEBB said:
    @lordmarcovan thanks for your entry and I love any piece with an owl. They are very mysterious creatures and they look so regal. I have a gold BOBO. It's a 2010 Belarus 50 rouble. I'll post a pic when I grab it again but on the obverse is an owl with small diamond eyes. It's a beauty and so is yours, I love it.

I like those Belarus owls.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2019 7:50AM

Entry post

Not a pocket piece per se, but I keep it at my desk to fiddle with while I work. I found this when I was a teenager on the floor of the supermarket where I worked.

@MattTheRiley thanks for your entry and a pic of that beautiful morgan

COOKIES!

@ffcoins thanks for your entry and something cool your coin was minted same year my house was built. Nice piece

COOKIES!

Cool! I like houses from that period.

@BIGWEBB said:
    @ffcoins thanks for your entry and something cool your coin was minted same year my house was built. Nice piece

@ffcoins said Cool! I like houses from that period.

I love my house because it's paid off!

COOKIES!

That is the BEST kind of house!

@BIGWEBB said:
    @ffcoins said Cool! I like houses from that period.

I love my house because it's paid off!

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2019 12:05PM

Entry Post!

I want one of these:

Frank

BHNC #203

@Treashunt thanks for your entry. Nice piece. What does it say in the chop on there?

COOKIES!

edited August 6, 2019 7:31AM

@BIGWEBB said:
    @Treashunt thanks for your entry. Nice piece. What does it say in the chop on there?

HOUCK'S PANACEA BALTIMORE

oops, typo

Frank

BHNC #203

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Thanks for the chance.
    My #1 gotta have it coin is anything 1793 to 1799 american!

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

@bigtime36 thanks for your entry. I know what you mean I'd give anything to get a nice liberty cap half or flowing hair piece. Such beautiful coins. You got great taste bud.

COOKIES!

@BIGWEBB said:

Not quite the holy-grail of counterstamps, but definitely one of the most sought after.

Pancaca is a "cure all" type elixir that was produced from a series of plants and other ingredients (at least in the case of Houck's.) It is also possible to find old bottles with Houcks logo imprinted into the glass. A real cool duo if you can find and display them together.

Frank

BHNC #203

@Treashunt that's really cool. Hope you find one because that would make it so much more interesting.

COOKIES!

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post
    This was my first seated half dollar! I got it a few years ago and ever since then I fell in love with the seated design. Thank you for the giveaway.

• TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

Entry post

This combines two of my favorite categories: errors and odd denominations.

Bill
    witty quote goes here

@Mdcoincollector2003 thanks for your entry. I have a couple of seated halfs and a seated quarter or 2 but that's not to say I don't love them I'm still a rookie in a sense and I just haven't focused on seats yet but soon. Right now I'm on a attributions kick like ddo, 3 legs, 3 1/2 legs whatever I can get my hands on.

COOKIES!

@Testoon thanks for your entry. Errors are something I'm kind of mixing in my collection now because I'm looking for attributions and I find alot of cool errors coins when looking.

COOKIES!

@BIGWEBB said:
    @Treashunt that's really cool. Hope you find one because that would make it so much more interesting.

Thanks, while it is not at all rare or even very scarce, it is really neat.

I just want to find one that is reasonably priced

Frank

BHNC #203

• lonn47lonn47 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

entry post. nice coins. thanks

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post!

I know it's not a rarity, but I rode my bike to the bank the day these were released to get this one.
    $1 was several days pay selling papers in 1975.

@mannie gray thanks for the entry. Cool story sounds like you've been collecting from a young age.

COOKIES!

@BIGWEBB said:
    @mannie gray thanks for the entry. Cool story sounds like you've been collecting from a young age.

Yessir, Mr. @BIGWEBB .
    I cannot recall a time when coins were not an interest of mine; but also cannot recall what sparked the interest.
    I wish I had a story to tell about my grandmother giving me a 1917 Walking Liberty Half when I was five.....but besides my great uncle (who was great by the way) I had no other family members interested in coins at all.
    He was probably slick enough to spark my interest by not trying too hard with it.
    He was a decorated WW2 paratrooper and a big strong man.
    When he was 75 I wouldn't have messed with him.
    And few did.

But he was also kind and gentle to his core.
    I never heard him raise his voice to any of us rotten kids.
    He didn't have to......

So yeah, thanks for everything, Mr. Richard Snyder, RIP.

@mannie gray you know it's like my story. Nobody in my family was a collector of anything much less coins but I did have a "WEIRD" uncle who had a stamp collection at one time so I have no clue where my collecting obsession( that's no exaggeration ) came from. I love every minute of it.

COOKIES!

edited August 13, 2019 8:53PM

@BIGWEBB said:
    @mannie gray you know it's like my story. Nobody in my family was a collector of anything much less coins but I did have a "WEIRD" uncle who had a stamp collection at one time so I have no clue where my collecting obsession( that's no exaggeration ) came from. I love every minute of it.

Well, @BIGWEBB , I am having a beer and toasting our uncles.
    Cheers! :)

Well @mannie gray I'll have one with you. CHEERS

COOKIES!

Actually I think I'll have 2 or so. Have a good one @mannie gray

COOKIES!

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post!

The first large, foreign coin I ever got (from my Grandparents) as a young boy. Started me on my lifelong hobby of coin colecting!

Thanks for the entry!

-- Dave

@DBSTrader2 thanks for your entry. I don't have a big world coin collection but what I do collect in foreign coinage is Australian kangaroos, Chinese pandas and I have some gold Belarus owls and French rooster. Nice penny.

COOKIES!

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

Never got into gold, unfortunately............. But sounds great!

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2019 11:27AM

Entry post

First graded silver world coin!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

@Kliao thanks for your entry. Great coin by the way. I have some Asian coinage and I love the characters, the imagery and the detail that goes into some of the specimens I've seen.

COOKIES!

@Jinx86 said:
    Picked this up from @lordmarcovan , glanced at it last week in my SDB, had to stop and admire it for a few minutes. The luster gets me every time.

That was one of my finest coins.

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan dont worry its being cherished and shared in ND.

edited August 21, 2019 2:14AM

Thanks @lordmarcovan and @Jinx86 for posting that beautiful piece of art on my thread. I'm honored and yes WOW IM MESMERIZED. Its almost hypnotic to watch.

COOKIES!

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post...

Need this one... Anyone got an extra 13K ???

Thanks @robkool for your entry and thanks for classing up my giveaway with that golden beauty.

COOKIES!

• Conita1218Conita1218 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭

Love a chance to enter for a dollar! Honestly love the dollar coins.
    Been a minute since I was on site. Recovering from surgery.

Thanks @Conita1218 for your entry. You didn't start your entry with ENTRY POST. Just a heads up and good luck. I also hope your doing well after surgery and everything works out for the best. Feel better.

COOKIES!

• entry post

My numismatic dream addition

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@scvusa said:
    entry post

My numismatic dream addition

Better have deep pockets ;)

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics