Home U.S. Coin Forum

eBay bucks 10% app; 6% site (8.13.19-8.14.19)

U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s another bonus bucks day today and tomorrow.

Interestingly enough I didn’t see this when logging into my account (on the app), but it was in my email (and that is where I activated it).

Comments

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

just found it in my messages. was feeling kind of down, because Monday is the usual day for bonus bucks, and didn't see it on my home page, and it was getting late. going shopping

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve received three eBucks promos in the last 14 days. Two were 10%, one 8%.

No complaints, but what on earth is going on?

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like I'm finally on the outside with these.
    I've gotten every ebucks promotion since I joined a year or so ago.
    Right up until the offer at the end of July.
    I didn't get this one or the previous one. 😥

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dave99B said:
    I’ve received three eBucks promos in the last 14 days. Two were 10%, one 8%.

No complaints, but what on earth is going on?

Dave

Summer doldrums. They are probably trying to drum up some sales

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it! Not sure I'll buy anything though...

Collector, occasional seller

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

found a good deal on an ms70 gold buffalo in the collectibles category. Might go back for one of his gold eagles.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, I found it on my app not on desktop. Time to shop.

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine, and just in time for a big (for me) purchase.

• TopoftheHillTopoftheHill Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

Rather useless for me for coins, as ebay now charges sales tax on EVERYTHING....including coins and bullion which are EXEMPT in my state. Feebay basically says it is what it is.....

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TopoftheHill said:
    Rather useless for me for coins, as ebay now charges sales tax on EVERYTHING....including coins and bullion which are EXEMPT in my state. Feebay basically says it is what it is.....

They can't say that. It's not legal to charge sales tax on items that aren't taxable.

• CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

The worst is when you are in California and the item is $1498 and they are collecting the whole nearly $150 in sales tax but if the item was $1500, then it would be 0 in sales tax.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinPhysicist said:
    The worst is when you are in California and the item is $1498 and they are collecting the whole nearly $150 in sales tax but if the item was $1500, then it would be 0 in sales tax.

Any California dealer would work with you to sell you another coin for $2 to save you $150 as grouping coins is allowed by law.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the offer, activated it, bought a coin, and only got the usual 1%. :/

I always make sure the bonus bucks total is right before I click on pay now

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not all coins are eligible for bonus bucks. Depends on the coin category used by the seller.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

if he got one percent, it was e bucks eligible. coins in bullion is zero percent e bucks

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Emphasis added:

“Qualifying items exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds; Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category; Real Estate; Gift Cards & Coupons, including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category; Bullion within the Coins & Paper category; and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories.”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file