Home Q & A Forum

Valuable or no?

Anyone seen anything like this before? It says souvenir, but just wondering if it’s actually gold or just some roadside trinket? The wife’s relatives had some good stuff and a lot of not so good stuff. I imagine they picked this up sometime in the 60’s or 70’s.

“Malted milk, malted milk, keep rushing to my head. And I have a funny funny feeling, I’m talking all out my head...” Robert Johnson

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

So start off by applying a magnet. Attraction would be a bad thing. Next find a jeweler with an xrf scanner for an actual non-invasive analysis. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Cool beans. Thanks for the information.

“Malted milk, malted milk, keep rushing to my head. And I have a funny funny feeling, I’m talking all out my head...” Robert Johnson

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding to @Namvet69 info, use a good strong magnet.

Neodymium magnet’s are very very good earth magnets.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your coin is a fairly modern replica of little value. It is not gold and I'd pay more for the interesting packaging than the coin.

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

@Your coin is a fairly modern replica of little value. It is not gold and I'd pay more for the interesting packaging than the coin.

That packaging looks about 60's 70's and is really cool but I have to agree that it's just a token and probably still worth the $1.75 sorry.

COOKIES!

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold-plated modern fantasy more than a replica. These sell retail for about $1.

thefinn