Home Q & A Forum

Any worth grading?

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum. :)

I am not seeing anything I would spend money to have it graded.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Horizontal misalignment that is minor is sort of common. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

At $50 per coin to grade, no.

Stick them in your album; or spend them.

• No way on God's green Earth.
    I say that not with any disrespect, but rather to hammer it home.

Virginia Beach, VA
    Collector, Buyer, Seller, Licensed Dealer
    U.S. Silver & Gold coins, Foreign Coins, Bullion, Mint/Proof Sets, Currency, Antiques, Collectibles

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see pocket change. What am I missing?

• My granddaughter and I started collecting and searching. I thank everyone for their comments and advice.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cajunlady said:
    My granddaughter and I started collecting and searching. I thank everyone for their comments and advice.

That’s great! Keep up the hunt and keep on posting and asking questions.

Sometimes the forumites are a bit tough but soak up the good and be aware of the not so good.

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grading fees, postage, insurance run around $50 +/-. Generally it doesn't make sense to have a coin grades unless it's worth $100+ (and some experienced collectors recommend a higher value). None if your coins look like they are worth more than face value,

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • va_resellersva_resellers Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019 12:01PM

A great and (possibly) profitable way to start collecting with your granddaughter would be to search change and/or bankrolls for pre-1964 half dollars, quarters, and dimes (90% silver), or better yet search thru 2019 quarters for ones with a W mint mark. Have fun !!

Virginia Beach, VA
    Collector, Buyer, Seller, Licensed Dealer
    U.S. Silver & Gold coins, Foreign Coins, Bullion, Mint/Proof Sets, Currency, Antiques, Collectibles