Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

Super repeating radar serial number 1 dollar bill

This super repeating radar bill is for sell, make me an offer via inbox please.
Thank you. If you have any information about this item that I may not know, I am all ears and fairly new to collecting coins/money, and i am very eager to learn as much as i can. Thank you all..
~Babygirl

~Babygirl

Comments

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

Hi Babygirl, the note you have is known to collectors as a repeater note. A repeater is when the first four numbers match the last four numbers; in this case 1513 matches 1513. A radar note is when the serial number reads the same forward and backwards much like the word "radar." Radar notes always have the two middle numbers matching because otherwise they would not read the same forward and backwards. For instance 74533547 ; 29155192 ; 61888816 ; 40299204 are all examples of radar notes, notice how the two middle numbers 33 ; 55, 88, and 99 always match.

The word "Super" also refers to a specific type of repeater or radar note. A super repeater is a two digit note that repeats all the way through. So examples would include 18181818 ; 35353535 ; 70707070 these are all examples of super repeaters.

A "Super" radar refers to notes where the middle six digits are all the same and the first and last digit are the same. Examples of Super radars would include 05555550 ; 69999996 ; 28888882 etc.

There are also additional types of fancy serial numbers and terminology, if you would like to learn more send a message to my inbox.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• @TennisCoach , thank you for breaking that down for me, I understand now how that works, would you have any idea what my repeater might be worth? I was thinking about selling it, "if it is worth it"! Thanks again I appreciate the information.
    ~Babygirl

~Babygirl

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019 5:56PM

While some repeater notes like the one you have are put away and saved; once circulated (with folds) they rarely carry a premium over face value. If it were brand new it might be worth a few dollars if you find a collector in search of those numbers. There are some repeater note numbers that would bring a premium because they have more interest to the collecting community. Examples of these numbers would include 99009900; 88008800; 00770077; (11001100; 00110011 these two are binary); (11221122; 33443344; 77887788 these are connected pairs). So notes like these in extra fine condition or better would be of interest. Some of the above listed serial numbers could bring anywhere from $10 to $50 depending on condition and if their professionally graded. Super repeaters and super radars are usually worth even more and sought after numbers can sell for an even greater premium.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.