Home Q & A Forum

Thoughts on two coins

Wondering what anyone thinks about the condition of these two coins. I’m not a big collector but to me the condition looks really good for the age. Thanks mike

Comments

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

@harfordmike - Welcome to the Forum. Nice coins! I’ll let the more experienced guys and gals give you their opinions on potential grades. Welcome!

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Thanks

• The Morgan is a common date but definitely appears Uncirculated and in good shape. I would have that one graded at the non-Express level if your a Collextors Club member. The quarter the pictures are a bit dim & blurry...

Virginia Beach, VA
    Collector, Buyer, Seller, Licensed Dealer
    U.S. Silver & Gold coins, Foreign Coins, Bullion, Mint/Proof Sets, Currency, Antiques, Collectibles

• Lets say The seated liberty quarter could grade out at an XF40...
    The price guide value is $115. Someone here with more knowledge grading raw coins can help in determining whether they think its below, at, or above that grade. Based on what u paid for it, that can make the decision whether to grade it fairly easy.

Virginia Beach, VA
    Collector, Buyer, Seller, Licensed Dealer
    U.S. Silver & Gold coins, Foreign Coins, Bullion, Mint/Proof Sets, Currency, Antiques, Collectibles