Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #2 (closed on 7/31/19)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 3, 2019 2:20PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

*** THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED NOW ***

(But the next one is here)

"Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #2

Deadline for entries: Midnight Eastern US time, Wednesday, July 31, 2019.

This will be a random drawing at the end of the month, using the random.org True Random Number Generator.

Winner will get his or her choice of one item from my "Pick Bin & Giveaway Goodies" page. (Give that link a moment to load.)

To enter:

(1) Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply to this thread as many times as you like, but if you put the phrase "entry post" into more than one reply, you will disqualify yourself.

(2) In addition to the words "entry post", post something else that is coin-related in some way- whatever you like.

(3) Please view the list of prizes and specify your first, second, and third choices, in order.

(4) You may edit your post to change your three prize picks at any time before the deadline, but remember, only one entry post per member, and one prize.

(5) There are no strings attached, and I pay shipping- worldwide- but if international shipping ever proves too costly on an item (or if all three of your prize picks are gone at the time of the drawing), I reserve the right to offer you a different prize or a PayPal gift instead.

Note that the prizes are drawn from my pick bin list. Ignore any pricetags you see. The list is subject to change throughout the month. Items are subject to prior sale or trade. But new items might also be added.

This is why I want you to list first, second, and third choices, and encourage you to periodically check the list for changes and new additions, and edit the selections in your entry post if you want.

7/13: There will be more stuff added to the list (when I get time to photograph and post it).

Good luck! :)

For some idea of how these work, here is last month's contest.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post... and thanks for the chance once again.

I recently went to a coin factory...
    I was in awe at all of the machines and moving parts that filled the factory. At first, I didn't understand what was happening, but then it dawned on me. It all makes cents.

52' large cent
    53' dime
    18' wlh

Thanks, Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2019 2:10PM

Hey, look! somebody finally found this thread over here in Tumbleweed City, and posted an entry! LOL

Note to self- just to clarify, in case I happen to add a 1953 dime to the list later, @bigtime36 is discussing a circulated 1853 dime, of course.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Entry post
    We meet again @lordmarcovan

When I picked this up I just thought I was really drunk until morning and I realized it was the lincoln.

1:1964 roosevelt

2: 1967 balboa

3: 2014 Ukraine

Thanks for another chance. Good luck all.

COOKIES!

New stuff added. More to come.

Gold giveaway, too.

Also a random drawing on or shortly after 7/31.

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan you are correct!

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭✭

entry post -

1) 1853 dime
    2) 1967 Panama Balboa half
    3) 1954-s Franklin half

I strolled through the Smithsonian and can recommend visiting the coin exhibit!

Thanks!

Jim

• AstroJoeAstroJoe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

entry post
    thanks again for the opportunity!

I've been a coin collector for around 50 years.

1) silver clad Washington quarter, 1976-S, Bicentennial type, ANACS PF69 CAM
    2)Lincoln Wheat cent, 1930, PCI MS63 RB (gold label, toned)
    3)Mount Rushmore Golden Anniversary, 1991-S, NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo

Joe

Everything is all right!
  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post. In Hawaii, it is illegal to put a coin in someone's ear. If you are caught with a coin in your ear, police will suspect you have drugs for sale. This law was established in 1847 by King Kamehaheha, Coins of the Hawaiian Dollar. 1-54s Franklin Half MS64. 2- 67 balboa half. 3- Atlantis Mint: Hand poured silver "loaf" bar. 1 troy ounce. Thanks for the chance LordM.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post
    I think MS coins must be sad because they never served their purpose in life.
    1. Roman Empire Jupiter Reverse
    2. Roman Empire Eagle Reverse (Posthumous)
    3. Roman Empire Maximianus

Thanks!

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Entry post. Liberty Seated!

• @MorganDollarNut said:
    Entry post. Liberty Seated!

1. 1853 dime
    2. Rushmore half
    3. ‘57 half dime
  • Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.

I recently went to a house party where they had a 1930’s pinball machine and a stack of buffalo nickels to play it. Very cool.

1. 1954-s Franklin half
    2. 1860- vg 8 Indian cent
    3. 1945 1c clipped planchet
  • Conita1218Conita1218 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭

Entry post -
    My dad started my coin collecting addiction. I was a cashier in my younger days and had the opportunity to collect multiple silver quarters and dimes in the 80s. Unfortunately they were stolen.
    I continue to collect coins. Recently moved in with significant other and his mother and grandfather were collectors as well. There are so many coins I am overwhelmed trying to organize them. Lots of silver and will be looking to sell some soon.
    Thank you for this opportunity to win something I dont already own!!
    1954 silver proof Washington quarter ANACS PF65 toned
    1873 Bronze Indian head
    1953 Silver seated liberty dime

edited July 19, 2019 3:35PM

When I was in New Mexico years back, went to Old Guadelupe Village, not much there but ruins and an old church. We were all doing some fun searching for artifacts or coins. I found a crusted over 1900 V Nickel. Once I was able to clean it. It was beautiful, a bit pitted bit still great luster..that was in 1993.

Just a few of my collection

• Entry post :) !!!
    A bit back I bought a 1909s that I thought was an 1909 s over s, that is/was around VF :) condition....
    Later when I went to my dealer he told me it was only a 1909s!!!
    Even the listing on EBAY had said it was a 1909 s OVER S!
    KEPT IT ANYWAY ......
    SAD STORY!!!!
    52' large cent
    53' dime
    18' wlh

Thanks, Jim :):):):):):(:);)

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post:
    Something that happened to me the other day I thought was quite odd... I got 100$ in quarters and 6$ in nickels. I got nothing in the quarters but in the mere three rolls of nickels I pulled my first coin from west Africa, a 1929 s buffalo nickel and a 1954 Jefferson.
    Thank you for the giveaway:
    1.1873 Indian head cent
    2. 1852 large cent
    3. Hand poured silver one ounce bar

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post.

Thanks for the chance. The coin that gor me going was an 1859 IHC that I received on change. It is silverish on color, beat up, scarred, and durn near unrecognizable, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My choices would be the 52 large cent, 53 seated dime, 57 half dime.

imageimage

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

entry post
    Thank you for the opportunity.
    I was gifted an ancient roman coin from my father-in-law and it got me interested in non US coins. Any of these would be a great addition.

bronze antoninianus of Claudius II Gothicus, ca. 268-270 AD, Rome mint, Jupiter reverse
    bronze antoninianus of Divus Claudius II, ca. 270-271 AD, eagle reverse, posthumous issue
    Roman Empire: bronze radiate of Maximianus, ca. 286-305 AD

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2019 7:57AM

entry post.

I hope this coin shows!

Thanks for the contest.

Panama: silver proof half-Balboa, 1967, ICG PR68 (20,000 minted)

United States: silver Seated Liberty dime, 1853, arrows at date

United States: silver Barber half dollar, 1912-D

Frank

BHNC #203

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

Milled 8 reales were edged using 2 parallel edging dies, as a result you will see edge design overlaps 180 degrees apart. This is used as one of the indicators of authenticity when analyzing 8 reales from that period.

1. Ukrainian PF69

2. Silver 1 oz bar

3. Panama 1/2 Balboa

Thanks for the chance!

• MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

This Morgan was the first Morgan dollar I ever bought. It was cleaned and worn, but it was from 100 years before my birth and I thought it was cool when I bought it. A few years ago I had it carved with a scene of the Tree of Life that is special to me. Now it would be the last Morgan dollar I ever sell.

My choices of prize:

1. Atlantis Mint: hand-poured silver "loaf" bar: 1 troy ounce, .999 fine, "Skull & Crossbones"
    2. Roman Empire: bronze antoninianus of Divus Claudius II, ca. 270-271 AD, eagle reverse, posthumous issue
    3. United States: copper-zinc Lincoln Memorial cent, 1990, flipover double struck error, ANACS MS64 RD

@MattTheRiley said:
    Entry Post

This Morgan was the first Morgan dollar I ever bought. It was cleaned and worn, but it was from 100 years before my birth and I thought it was cool when I bought it. A few years ago I had it carved with a scene of the Tree of Life that is special to me. Now it would be the last Morgan dollar I ever sell.

My choices of prize:

1. Atlantis Mint: hand-poured silver "loaf" bar: 1 troy ounce, .999 fine, "Skull & Crossbones"
    2. Roman Empire: bronze antoninianus of Divus Claudius II, ca. 270-271 AD, eagle reverse, posthumous issue
    3. United States: copper-zinc Lincoln Memorial cent, 1990, flipover double struck error, ANACS MS64 RD

That's a lovely Hobo dollar.

Just added an 1857 dime to the prize page. (Low grade but wholesome, with CircCam contrast.) It is listed as being on "hold" merely because it's such a new purchase that it isn't here yet.

Drawing to ensue within the next 18-24 hours.

Y'all don't forget to enter the other (gold coin) giveaway as well, if you haven't already.

• Entry Post, I love to metal detect! I have found lots of silver and stuff. I have not got to detect any this year but I hope to before summer ends. The best I've found was a 1916 Merc. I am pretty sure I have pictures on a post in Cointalk.....Thanks for the giveaway, and good luck to everyone!
    1. 1853 Half Dime
    2. 1857 Half Dime
    3. 1852 Large Cent

I LOVE old coins.

• MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said

That's a lovely Hobo dollar.

Thanks man!

• NLLNLL Posts: 34
    edited July 31, 2019 6:15PM

Entry post. I love to collect U.S type coins and am always trying to get a new addition. Recently I decided to start a collection of Morgan and Peace silver dollars and see how many holes I can fill from junk bins.
    1st choice is the skull and bones once of silver.
    Second choice is the Anacs 1954s me 64 half dollar
    3rd choice is the 1854 seated liberty dime.

Stand by for the drawing...

The random number generator has spoken, and it has proclaimed @Treashunt to be the winner of this month's "Loot" contest!

Congrats, @Treashunt!

Per your earlier stated preferences, it appears you will be the winner of the Panamanian half-Balboa coin.

I will put that on hold for you.

However, since I've added stuff over the month, you may peruse the list once more to make your final selection.

Then I'll need your shipping address, obviously. :)

~RWS/"LM"

Yahoo!

First time that I have won!

Many thanks, Lord M.

PM sent

Frank

BHNC #203

Yahoo!

Prize received today!

Many thanks!

Frank

BHNC #203

Frank

BHNC #203

:)

I'm glad I picked those up. Thought they were neat. Still have one left, and I see it's a popular pick in the present giveaway. It might end up being the prize that gets awarded for the August contest.