Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FSHO - 1937 Proof Lincoln PR66+RD PCGS w/CAC - PCGS Pop only 18

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 13, 2019 1:17PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I have available for sale a 1937 Proof Lincoln Cent graded PR66+RD by PCGS, and it merits a CAC.

1. While PCGS has graded a total of 262 of these as either PR66RD or PR66+RD, only 18 of those 262 merits the "+" grade.
  2. Naturally, this one has the coveted CAC sticker (by the way, for this date PCGS and NGC have graded a total of 357 as either PR66RD or PR66+RD - 262 by PCGS and 95 by NGC - , and only 78 of those 357 have a CAC).
  3. If you want to buy one at PR67RD, expect to pay about $3,000 or more.
  4. Currently on eBay, none are available at PR66+RD, but you can buy one with a CAC WITHOUT the "+" for $798. But if you're interested in that coin without the "+", I suggest you ask the seller why that same coin was returned after it sold on eBay for that same price on May 4, 2019????
  5. Or, there's also one on eBay with a CAC WITHOUT the "+" for $895 or best offer.
  6. Believe it or not, there’s even one there without a plus, and without a CAC, selling for $1,080.
  7. On collectorscorner.com, there's also what looks like a nice one with a CAC, but that too is without the "+", and is selling for $990.

This coin was just replaced in my 1936-1942 U.S. Proof Set. Yes, I play the silly boys game of the PCGS Registry, so I paid "a pretty penny" for my new PR67RD w/CAC. But this PR66+RD for sale graded by PCGS w/CAC is a spectacular coin, with watery liquid mirrors so clear and bright you could brush you teeth using these mirrors. The coin looks like it was made yesterday, with it being super bright red and super flashy (I sound like Legend describing some of the coins I purchase from them - LOL).

The actual color of the coin in hand is much closer to the color shown in the TV than in the photos with the coin in the slab. The photos of the coin in the slab makes it look much darker than it really is.

My price is $925 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and INCLUDES FedEx Priority Overnight shipping (or USPS Priority Mail if you're using a PO Box). See the three photos below.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you sign for receipt of the coin. I am so confident you will like this coin, that unlike many sellers, I will pay for the cost of return shipping if you don't like coin. All returns must use a prepaid return label that requires my signature upon redelivery to me that I will email you in the unlikely event you are unhappy.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. Due to the value, a signature will be required. I will ship FedEx Priority Overnight at my expense (expected delivery is the next business day by 10:30 am, but this is NOT guaranteed). However, if shipping to a P.O. Box, I will then ship by USPS Priority Mail (typical 2 to 3-day delivery), and a signature will still be required. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address as well.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
Winesteven

As noted above, the actual coin is lighter and much closer in color to the TV than this photo in the slab.

As noted above, the actual coin is lighter and much closer in color to the TV than this photo in the slab.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments