Home Sports Talk

NASCAR - first race - a little help

My wife and I are going to be in the southeast this summer so thinking of hitting the NASCAR race at Daytona in July. Anybody have insight for the NASCAR novice? What ticket locations? Pre-race, post-race, etc... events to go to? We probably won't go again so sort of want the best race experience for people that know nothing about car races. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll have a blast !!

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Earplugs - heavy duty.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

have a hat to keep the sun off

many will have radio earphones (works as earplugs) to tune in and listen t the live action and/or crew chiefs/drivers.

Enjoy you will love it

If you plan to be around the pits.....this is still one sport that the stars (not like most of the others) still realize its the fans that put them there and they will still sign autos. At this race look for the older HOFers also.

So have some pics ready for them to sign

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to the races is an unreal rush.
    Louder than hell and you will never look at 200 MPH the same.
    ...and folks will be singing the anthem, not kneeling!

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

Circling back to my thread. Any recommendations on what tickets to buy? Looks like $100 to $300 on Stubhub. Also Fanzone tickets worth $65? I appreciate the advice and comments.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better go tomorrow . No one is allowed to enter the state of florida from may to october .

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

We had a blast at the NASCAR race. The rain delays and finally rain shortening of race was a bummer but great time overall. For those who haven't been to a NASCAR race I highly recommend it. A little hot at times but after two weeks in the south we are sort of used to it. Time to head back to the west coast!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you had a good time. Never like a rain shortened result. I watched the race on TV.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".