Home Sports Talk

Last night’s earthquake in SoCal

TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

So unless any of you were watching the Padres-Dodgers game or actually live in California or Arizona, you may not have heard about last night’s 6.9 earthquake that’s epicenter was roughly 150 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

I was laying in bed watching my Dodgers, and the screen started rolling around. Dodgers announcers Joe Davis and Orel Hershiser immediately said they were experiencing another earthquake, one day after a 6.4 was centered in the same area.

No sooner did they start talking about, my bed started rolling. Lemme tell you guys, it was not a good feeling. Longest earthquake I’ve ever experienced, and it immediately brought to mind the awful Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989 that interrupted the World Series and killed 63 people. It was also 6.9 on the Richter Scale.

Amazingly, the players on the field didn’t feel a thing, but you can tell from the video in the liner story that the crowd was plenty aware. I can’t imagine how scared some of them were. Hell, I was kinda scared, and I was 200 miles away.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodger-stadium-earthquake-20190705-story.html

Comments