Home Sports Talk

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

He wasn't even charged or taken to court on the last trumped up charge (because it was a set-up) but still got 6 games suspension by lame brain commish!

This is nothing, but he will probably get it again. It just amazes me that the lame brain is a higher court than the courts!!!!!

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Elliott should get a couple games for doing that, at the least, in my opinion.

And some time, somewhere, he'll do it again, and we all know it, including him. These prone to violent behavior types don't change. His agent or lawyer written apology ain't worth chit.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea and the fact that he doesn’t need to be arrested or charged with a crime almost guarantees he will get some games. I totally get the situation and it stinks for him, getting all fired up arguing with your girl and some dude sticks his nose in it? Yep been there done that, easy to do.

edited July 3, 2019 6:02AM

@perkdog said:
    Yea and the fact that he doesn’t need to be arrested or charged with a crime almost guarantees he will get some games. I totally get the situation and it stinks for him, getting all fired up arguing with your girl and some dude sticks his nose in it? Yep been there done that, easy to do.

<<< Elliott was handcuffed and briefly detained after allegedly pushing down security guard Kyle Johnson. >>>

Paul, I hear ya with your last sentence. But I have to believe that it's highly unlikely if not certain that you never had a physical confrontation in a similar situation such as this with a security guard or law enforcement. I know I never did anything like that.

If I'm the commissioner, and if Elliott knew this guy was a security guard, I only say "if" because perhaps the guy wasn't in uniform. And considering Elliott's prior background...then I'm gonna lay down a punitive message that this is totally unacceptable. Much worse behavior, in my opinion, than the average "argument" or whatever with someone in the public at a music festival, bar, nightclub, or wherever.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an idiot.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/BvmMULX9WTQ

The crazy thing is that he was out like that knowing he had to be in Dallas that morning for his youth football camp. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Ezekiel-Elliott-Hosts-Football-Camp-510144411.html?amp=y

@thisistheshow said:
    https://youtu.be/BvmMULX9WTQ

The crazy thing is that he was out like that knowing he had to be in Dallas that morning for his youth football camp. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Ezekiel-Elliott-Hosts-Football-Camp-510144411.html?amp=y

Holy chit, that security guard was clearly marked as such. Ol' Zeke just might get more than just a couple games. But who ever knows what Roger Goodell is going to do?

We shall see.

edited July 3, 2019 8:44AM

I love when you guys give the local sports take, especially my NE Bros.

So let me try to give some DFW take on this. It might be the same as you've heard, so forgive me for rehashing anything.

When he was coming out of Ohio St. word was he likes to party (mdma,Molly, raves, dance club, also drunkest guy in the room). The stories from local sources are that that narrative has continued. He also does not seem to get the message that he is being videotaped and watched, as evidenced by his St Patrick's day incident awhile back.

As evidenced by this new video, this is all apparently still true. He is very high in the video. Got on a private plane, as he planned all along even before the detainment, and was "bright eyed and bushy tailed" according to local media guys who were at his camp the morning after ( literally the same morning). Local media had even just taken the opportunity to write fluff pieces about the new Zeke timed go out that morning because of the camp which was happening at the "Star" in Frisco- which is where the Cowboys now train.

Cowboys management continues to say to the media that this incident means nothing. But the fans here know that he is still out partying a lot. Rumor has it that he is the nicest guy in the world, until he is wasted- when he becomes the opposite.

Cowboys picked up his 5th year option and have publically said that Gurley's deal will be the starting point for an extension.
    Fans say no, franchise him, maybe twice. Only recently I am hearing insiders say that the team will probably see him as the odd man out when it comes to big money after they pay Dak and Amari Cooper.

A motivated, in shape Zeke is a generational talent and I look forward to watching him the next few years. God willing he finds sobriety. Every credible inside source says he needs that and feels that he could be one of the most productive ever based on what he has done so far and his good injury history.

Edited for spelling

edited July 3, 2019 11:32AM

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

<<< Elliott was handcuffed and briefly detained after allegedly pushing down security guard Kyle Johnson. >>>

Paul, I hear ya with your last sentence. But I have to believe that it's highly unlikely if not certain that you never had a physical confrontation in a similar situation such as this with a security guard or law enforcement. I know I never did anything like that.

Regarding your post about not ever doing that with a LE or Security Officer, I got a funny story for ya Steve. Let’s go back to 1993 at a bar in my town . A 23 year Old Perkdog is shattered and gets into an argument with 2 Woman ( they were the hate men BULL D*KE you know what type ) and a guy screams from across the bar telling me to calm down, I look at the guy and tell him where to go and if he wants to step outside we can ect.. the guy gets off his bar stool and marches towards me, ( I made the split second decision for some reason not to throw a devastatingly hard punch to this guys Undefended face which I promise you would have sent him to hospital ) and he stops and whips out a small card and says “Want to go to jail” I look at the card and yep you guessed it... undercover Police Officer, I had NO idea! That split second decision allowed me to start a LE career about 5 years after that. My point is sometimes ya just don’t know it’s a LE or more so a “Security” guard. To this day I still don’t know why I didn’t throw that punch, I was a punk and used to bar fight all the time, tell ya this much I’m so very thankful I never did that.

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Regarding your post about not ever doing that with a LE or Security Officer, I got a funny story for ya Steve. Let’s go back to 1993 at a bar in my town . A 23 year Old Perkdog is shattered and gets into an argument with 2 Woman ( they were the hate men BULL D*KE you know what type ) and a guy screams from across the bar telling me to calm down, I look at the guy and tell him where to go and if he wants to step outside we can ect.. the guy gets off his bar stool and marches towards me, ( I made the split second decision for some reason not to throw a devastatingly hard punch to this guys Undefended face which I promise you would have sent him to hospital ) and he stops and whips out a small card and says “Want to go to jail” I look at the card and yep you guessed it... undercover Police Officer, I had NO idea! That split second decision allowed me to start a LE career about 5 years after that. My point is sometimes ya just don’t know it’s a LE or more so a “Security” guard. To this day I still don’t know why I didn’t throw that punch, I was a punk and used to bar fight all the time, tell ya this much I’m so very thankful I never did that.

Interesting story Paul. The bottom line is that you had that "sixth sense" or whatever it was, to restrain yourself in that situation.

The ability to do that, likely is one of a number of traits that made you a great law enforcement officer.

BTW, if you think it thru, that situation may not have gone the way you might have expected had you been the aggressor. Since he was a police officer, I'd be fairly certain he was trained to "expect" that a drunken patron might attempt to throw a punch and be well prepared for it. He may very well have dodged your punch, and then laid a low blow to you and had you reeling in pain on the bar room floor. In any event, you would have probably been arrested and who knows how that one moment would have affected your life?

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFL has announced that Zeke will not be disciplined.

@Tabe said:

Well then, let me say it here, I expect a career year this year.

Let's see now...it's okay to knock down security guards, then offer a contrite apology, and there are no consequences to a player's NFL career or paycheck.

Good job Roger Goodell. :D

It's about time something went right!

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Interesting story Paul. The bottom line is that you had that "sixth sense" or whatever it was, to restrain yourself in that situation.

The ability to do that, likely is one of a number of traits that made you a great law enforcement officer.

BTW, if you think it thru, that situation may not have gone the way you might have expected had you been the aggressor. Since he was a police officer, I'd be fairly certain he was trained to "expect" that a drunken patron might attempt to throw a punch and be well prepared for it. He may very well have dodged your punch, and then laid a low blow to you and had you reeling in pain on the bar room floor. In any event, you would have probably been arrested and who knows how that one moment would have affected your life?

Correct on all points 🍻

@Tabe said:

So now I can rank Zeke #2 on my fantasy draft board 🤷‍♂️

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

Maybe. Behind who?

Like I said, I expect a career year. His agents were looking for a deal now, but with this incident they say it will definitely be put on the back burner for a while.

So I expect big numbers including increased use in the passing game (which already increased last year) and a good number of TDs.

Yea, career year, just as long as he doesn't punch a ref. :D

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

Maybe. Behind who?

Like I said, I expect a career year. His agents were looking for a deal now, but with this incident they say it will definitely be put on the back burner for a while.

So I expect big numbers including increased use in the passing game (which already increased last year) and a good number of TDs.

Behind Barkley.

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

Maybe. Behind who?

Behind Barkley.

I have never played FF, so I do not know exactly how points are accrued. But I stand by what I said about Zeke, so #2 sounds right or 1 place too low. I seriously expect epic yards and TDs this year.

It's about time something went right! And Zeke is better than Barkley any day.

@DIMEMAN said:

I HATE the Giants but Barkley is pretty damn good

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I HATE the Giants but Barkley is pretty damn good

Totally agree ………. I just like Zeke. B)