Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CAC come on play fair

CAC should open up submissions to everyone not just big dealers.
Make it an even playing field. In this day & age when the internet is the great equalizer and every other grading service is open to everyone CAC should be also.
They say that they don't want to get overwhelmed and want to keep prices low?
Well if everyone that wanted to submit sent their coins in through a dealer what's the difference?
I have coins that I know would command a higher selling price if I were able to get them stickered and have been asked a few times when they were for sale has this coin ever been to CAC? No I reply.
I don't have a relationship with a dealer to do so.
I wouldn't feel comfortable handing my coins over to a dealer to submit them for me.
Anything could happen in the time they were in the process to and fro.
What if something happened to me during that time how hard would a dealer look to try and get the coins back to where they belong.
No so just like the major grading services do let me ship and receive my submissions directly.
Just venting.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were opened up to collectors. Many collectors still send them in direct. There has been a wait list because of overwhelming demand and there are just so many coins JA can personally look at. Is the wait list now closed?

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, you sure sound like an old rattler, just like me. :wink:

Nothing is going to change unless the owned changes it. BTW, it took a while before collectors felt comfortable enough to send coins off to be authenticated. Just to make sure we could not be accused of switching a coin, packages were opened by two people, the coins were weighed to three decimal places and then we took photos of each side. Thankfully, that's not needed anymore.

If you want the green bean you'll need to play by their rules.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019 5:15PM

Email them and get on the wait list. Took me a month.

Editing post to add: the many CAC threads here are interesting. As a very small collector the ability to get another expert opinion on coins for a small fee is well worth it to me.

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

...and ask them to publish a database which includes failed submissions.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    ...and ask them to publish a database which includes failed submissions.

You already know they won’t do that and why.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a CAC collector member. I even got the 10 year anniversary mug. Get on the waitlist, be patient.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
This discussion has been closed.