Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Card Sleeves & Cases

Continuing on my newbie questions -
Do you collectors have any preference for Card Sleeves and / or cases to preserve your collection?

Comments

• CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019 4:36AM

I use the one touch Ultra Pro holders. There are excellent for viewing cards and look real nice and clean. They are pricey but well worth a couple dollars. I use them for my higher end raw cards. Lower end stuff goes in in a penny sleeve and a regular top loader.

• jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

I use the one touch Ultra Pro holders. There are excellent for viewing cards and look real nice and clean. They are pricey but well worth a couple dollars.

+1
    I have my entire Longoria collection in the one touch Ultra Pro holders.

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

One touches are too bulky for me and card savers are too flimsy. I have always done the penny sleeve and a rigid top loader.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019 5:46AM

I use oversized penny sleeve / top loaded where possible. For instance, I will use the Vintage Sized sleeves / top loader for 2.5" x 3.5" cards. I just think the sleeve/top loaders for 2.5" x 3.5" might put a little stress on the corners.

I also use those UltraPro One Touch - just used the eBay Bucks 13% to pick up a box of 50 for about $50 (considering the eBay Bucks).

• @DotStore said:
    I use oversized penny sleeve / top loaded where possible. For instance, I will use the Vintage Sized sleeves / top loader for 2.5" x 3.5" cards. I just think the sleeve/top loaders for 2.5" x 3.5" might put a little stress on the corners.

Agree 100%. I use the ultra pro sleeves designed for thicker card stock (35pt?) because they are slightly wider than a standard sleeve but fit in a regular top loader just fine.

• prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

For vintage items I don't use a penny sleeve, just a Card Saver 1 or Card Saver IV as appropriate. For modern I use a penny sleeve, sliced down the right side about 1/2 inch to make it flawless to put the card in with no chance of damage and a Card Saver 1 or Card Saver IV as appropriate. The vast majority are Card Saver 1 size. For Card Saver 1 sets, I place them in a PSA perfect fit sleeve and then into an Ultra Pro 4 pocket page. The page is placed into an Archival Methods binder with slip cover. Sets in progress that aren't far enough along for a binder are stored in a 2 row graded card box.

Steve

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@comicsandcigars said:
    Do you collectors have any preference for Card Sleeves and / or cases to preserve your collection?

Welcome to the forum!

Good question. Like others, oversized penny sleeve, corner cut off the right side to get card in with no problem and then placed inside card saver 1s. If a thick modern patch card, then inside of a card saver 4.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Penny sleeve, top loader. Wham, bam, be careful not to cram.

• I have nothing new to add, other than to say I'm elated that no one here uses 4-screw cases.

DesertIceSports.Com

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    I have nothing new to add, other than to say I'm elated that no one here uses 4-screw cases.

Ha!

• skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

I store my cards in sleeves then they go into boxes.

Are there any card savers that can hold 5x7 postcards? Not finding any. How would you submit them?

• mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

I have submitted oversized cards in top loaders without issue

------
    stupid print dots

• @HighGradeLegends said:

@comicsandcigars said:

Welcome to the forum!

Good question. Like others, oversized penny sleeve, corner cut off the right side to get card in with no problem and then placed inside card saver 1s. If a thick modern patch card, then inside of a card saver 4.

Thanks - sorry for late reply, so this is double protection you're suggesting? penny sleeve + card saver.
    I see a lot of listings on ebay for standard size sleeves, none for oversized. are they the same?

@comicsandcigars said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

@comicsandcigars said:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks - sorry for late reply, so this is double protection you're suggesting? penny sleeve + card saver.
    I see a lot of listings on ebay for standard size sleeves, none for oversized. are they the same?

they sell penny sleeves for standard sized cards and oversized modern relic cards. card saver 1s work well for standard cards; card saver 4s work well for thick relic cards. yes, the technique prevents surface damage.

• I have found that Ultra Pro sleeves for 130pt thick card stock work great for standard cards w/o having to go thru the hassle of cutting off a corner. This will also fit in a standard 3x4 top loploader.