Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

moved: exploding dye pack

i have a used exploded dye pack made of 120 $10.00 bills. do these have any collector value ? any info would be helpful !!! pics. @ dwaynegerhard@yahoo.com thanks !!!!!!!

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2019 11:03AM

Unless they’re from a famous well publicized bank robbery, and authenticity can be proved, then I’m unable to see any collector value.

OP’s notes

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

What does one do with $1200 of bank stained bills...does the FBI come after you?

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

The obvious question is, where did you get them? I can only surmise they are from a robbery.

If you have a good explanation then the Treasury will redeem them at face value. Otherwise, I'd see if they will work in a change machine or self-checkout at the supermarket.

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    The obvious question is, where did you get them? I can only surmise they are from a robbery.

If you have a good explanation then the Treasury will redeem them at face value. Otherwise, I'd see if they will work in a change machine or self-checkout at the supermarket.

...and wear dark glasses and a hoody!

• dimebagdimebag Posts: 108 ✭✭

the centers are hollowed out, so there's no chance of trying them in a bill changer & walking into a bank with dark glasses & a hoody possibly have something to do with them exploding ???

• axelrichaxelrich Posts: 43 ✭✭

Well in that case, frame them and hang them on your home walls.

• CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

I recall seeing a episode on pawn stars LOL but the pack was not exploded. Sorry I am no help but I was interested in this thread! Where are the pictures -_-

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't tell from your photos anything about the construction of the pack, but if it truly is something unique it will sell on eBay. You might need some kind of believable backstory about its origin, though...