Home Autographs Forum
Options

Michael Jordan Autograph Worth

I found an authentic 8X10 signed glossy photo of Michael Jordan. The photo itself is from one of the covers of Sports Illustrated and looks like an officially licensed product that was probably sold at an event. What is it's value? I'm not really interested in paying a large some to have it authenticated.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two threads on the same picture...

Anyway, I know almost nothing about Michael Jordan autographs, but from looking at it I see some signs that would concern me.

It does not flow like I would expect it to, and there are areas that seem shaky or doubled.

I don't know if MJ ever used an auto pen, but if he did, I'll bet this is one if them.

We'll see what others say.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without authentication it is just another questionable sports star autograph. There are far too many fakes/secretary signatures/autopen signatures out there to take chances.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

I recently sent a request for an autograph. Received a nice letter from the secretary indicating they had run out of autographed photos, but they were sending a beautiful photo with a pre-printed signature. Similar to the one you've posted. It is likely a pre-printed signature. If you look at the back of the photo, you should be able to "feel" the signature by touch. If you feel nothing...again - likely a printed signature.

• Options

@Alshouse said:
    I recently sent a request for an autograph. Received a nice letter from the secretary indicating they had run out of autographed photos, but they were sending a beautiful photo with a pre-printed signature.

Very interesting -they lead you to believe they did have real ones at one point. I suspect they have always just recently run out of autographed photos. ;)

Nice of them to reply, though.

• Options

As far as "feeling" the signature on the back, that might be more prevalent with a hard point pen but a big old Sharpie won't leave that effect unless pressed down extremely hard on a softer surface. (Of course, the Jordan on the photo is a thinner pen that is more likely to have a harder point).