Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

What are your plans regarding PCGS/PMG graded currencies ?

Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 28, 2019 11:28PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

My plans are to keep my PCGS currencies intact and not crossing them over to PMG. I'm also planning on purchasing only PMG graded currencies in the future. What are your thoughts and future plans? Here are a few of my PCGS notes. Thanks for looking !!! :)

Timbuk3

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice notes @Timbuk3 .

How did you manage to find 4 of these 5 iconic notes in uncirculated condition but minus PPQ ?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbwizkid said:
    Nice notes @Timbuk3 .

How did you manage to find 4 of these 5 iconic notes in uncirculated condition but minus PPQ ?

I purchased them raw over a period of time !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Great notes, you did well! The $5 Ed is dynamite!!

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

I'm purely a consumer and am not going to change, no major fire storm sale ala CGA demise
    although I have seen a bunch of PCGS -CLCT notes coming up for sale.

I'm a creature of habit, so will continue on, buying high and selling low@!
    :)

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will leave my notes in PCGS holders.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep my PCGS notes as is. Future subm: PMG.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • jkrkjkrk Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Timbuk3 said:
    My plans are to keep my PCGS currencies intact and not crossing them over to PMG. I'm also planning on purchasing only PMG graded currencies in the future. What are your thoughts and future plans? Here are a few of my PCGS notes. Thanks for looking !!! :)

Beautiful notes.

• OldPMOldPM Posts: 3

Awesome notes, even without the PPQ notation. I've re-holdered CGA & PCGS notes to PMG. CGA notes routinely came back two grades lower, with PCGS notes a lot have come back one grade lower. Close inspection before sending in, you can usually spot the reason. Routinely its the margins, which, in MHO, tells me PCGS didn't doc a grade for poorly centered notes, just the quality. Have a few PCGS notes left, will keep, and like jkrk above, will stick with PMG only in future.

• FoxtrotFoxtrot Posts: 16
    edited July 12, 2019 10:22AM

I've been crossing some them to PMG, but there are certain notes that just look nicer in PCGS holder.

There's also a world where they become the "rattlers" and go up in value over time. Every day that goes by, more holders disappear forever from being crossed. We shall see.

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Fear of the unknown is motivating folks to spend money crossing notes. All those funds could instead be spent adding to their collections, but to each their own I suppose!

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tookybandit said:
    Fear of the unknown is motivating folks to spend money crossing notes. All those funds could instead be spent adding to their collections, but to each their own I suppose!

Speak for yourself, I'm all in for the grading game and wasting all my dosh for some nobody's opinion. I guess it is why like 95% of my collection is raw, uncooked. Damnable collectors anyway.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019 6:55AM

No to spending money crossing notes. Most of my graded notes PMG. Not a crossover game addict. I pick off nice graded low pop notes on the Bay all the time for the price of what cost 2 people go out to dinner or slightly more. Would rather have the notes than pile up TPG fees.

Any submissions will be PMG.

Many of my notes either don’t justify the expense of grading or they won’t easily sell higher if graded (modern world). I was selling Currency via shows / online long before TPG grading came on the scene and know how to grade. I do have a large inventory of graded notes at shows in addition to raw. The green Iraq note with horses a popular seller.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency