Home Autographs Forum

Movie/Entertainment Verification Please! (Brie Larson)

Hi Guys,
New to this forum, just needed some outside advice on a couple of Brie Larson autographs I have acquired recently. Can't find that much certified from her so thought it would just be best to ask for help, if anyone can! (BTW, seller of the photo provided a time and place of signing)

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always amazed that collectors care about "scribble" autographs.

All glory is fleeting.
  • @291fifth said:
    I'm always amazed that collectors care about "scribble" autographs.

thanks, very insightful!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your question?

Looking at the two of those it seems like the same person signed both.

• @thisistheshow said:
    What is your question?

Looking at the two of those it seems like the same person signed both.

Specifically if either/both is actually authentic. Wasn't sure so thought a forum would be the best place to find someone with a better opinion.

I just did a real quick search online, looking at other things she has supposedly signed. No two items are identical, but they all seem to share similiarities with yours. In other words, her signatures are all over the place so I cannot pinpoint it, but they seem to match. Where did you get them?

• eBay. (risky, i know)
    the photo had a location and date of signing. both were guaranteed to pass TPA so figured i'd send the POP figure to PSA

Have you looked at her other autographs? What do you think?

Authentication will only help with value here, so give it a shot.

• I have. I believe the photo is real, but the pop i'm skeptical of, seeing as how the seller has many pops signed by many famous people. Also had multiple, so thats not very common. I'm just going to send the pop to psa because he does have a money back guarantee. Not sure how common fake guarantees are in the auto industry.

Good luck! And let us know how it comes back.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spursnick said:
    Not sure how common fake guarantees are in the auto industry.

They are nearly as common as the fakes themselves. Anyone willing to sell you a forged signature will be happy to send a fake COA with it. :)

The other thing to worry about is not only is it real, but is it consistent enough with known examples that it will authenticate. In other words, it can be both real and at the same time unauthenticatable. That is the issue with a lot of hastily signed in-person sigs.

I have no experience with Brie so I can't help there.

• @JBK said:

@spursnick said:
    Not sure how common fake guarantees are in the auto industry.

They are nearly as common as the fakes themselves. Anyone willing to sell you a forged signature will be happy to send a fake COA with it. :)

The other thing to worry about is not only is it real, but is it consistent enough with known examples that it will authenticate. In other words, it can be both real and at the same time unauthenticatable. That is the issue with a lot of hastily signed in-person sigs.

I have no experience with Brie so I can't help there.

I appreciate the input. I'm confident enough on the photo based on the time, date, explanation by the seller, and the fact she was in the area when the seller said it was signed anyways.
    The Pop concerns me more, especially because I paid more for it and the quick opinion came back as likely not genuine. But then again, it can be hard to see from just a photo. I've heard of items fail quick opinion and pass full authentication. I guess if it doesn't pass i'll be taking the seller up on his money back guarantee.

• Pop ended up being fake. Apparently seller is known for fakes. Failed PSA/DNA quick opinion, which isn't good. Seller who doesn't accept returns accepted my request in five minutes.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you got it verified and fixed fast.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake signatures are a problem that really limits potential growth in the autograph collecting field. There are just too many fakes.

All glory is fleeting.