Home Sports Talk

Walton shown the door

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 12, 2019 2:11PM in Sports Talk

Who's going to replace him?

"ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Ty Lue is a strong frontrunner to replace Walton and that Philadelphia 76ers assistant Monty Williams joins Lue as the central candidates in the Lakers search, according to league sources."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26507762/lakers-announce-walton-3-seasons

Answers

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was doomed from day 1. Maybe someone from Space Jam 2 could coach the LaBron’s

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen his name linked to the Kings head coaching vacancy,that would be a good spot for him to land with an up and coming team.

• 45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Jason Kidd is also in the running for the job.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave the spot empty. James can coach from the floor.

edited April 13, 2019 1:35PM

@erikthredd said:
    I've seen his name linked to the Kings head coaching vacancy,that would be a good spot for him to land with an up and coming team.

Smart move by Vlade. Luke is the new Kings HC.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26515435/sources-kings-offering-coaching-job-walton

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26515435/sources-kings-offering-coaching-job-walton

We liked Coach Joerger here in SacTown and I was a bit surprised he was fired. He seemed to be doing a good job. Curious why Luke is a better choice. I guess time will tell....

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

We liked Coach Joerger here in SacTown and I was a bit surprised he was fired. He seemed to be doing a good job. Curious why Luke is a better choice. I guess time will tell....

I couldn't tell you why Joerger was fired especially since he coached the Kings to 12 more wins than the previous season but he did get canned for whatever reason. And I never said that Walton will be a better choice. I just think he'll eventually be a good HC in the right situation,obviously the Lakers wasn't it. Maybe its the Kings.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2019 1:12PM

Looking at the guy, I never figured the big flopper would become a GM.

His English was just so-so when he first started playing.

The American dream, I guess.

Never saw the value of Luke as a head coach. Maybe someone owes Bill a favor.

@Coinstartled said:
    Never saw the value of Luke as a head coach. Maybe someone owes Bill a favor.

me either.

he's living off the Warrior win streak when Kerr was out.

@erikthredd said:

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

I couldn't tell you why Joerger was fired especially since he coached the Kings to 12 more wins than the previous season but he did get canned for whatever reason. And I never said that Walton will be a better choice. I just think he'll eventually be a good HC in the right situation,obviously the Lakers wasn't it. Maybe its the Kings.

I hear ya. I was more stating our local frustration. I am hopeful that Luke can do something good here.

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

I hear ya. I was more stating our local frustration. I am hopeful that Luke can do something good here.

He took over a horrible Lakers team that had just won 17 games the previous season then in his first two seasons his teams won 26 games then 35 and that was with zero star caliber players. Had Lebron not missed games to injury during this past season they were probably looking at least a 45-50 win team.
    Its still the NBA where you need Stars to compete for the playoffs and Superstars to contend for a title but I think the Kings have a solid young core of Fox,Hield & Bagley Jr to build around.

@erikthredd said:

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

He took over a horrible Lakers team that had just won 17 games the previous season then in his first two seasons his teams won 26 games then 35 and that was with zero star caliber players. Had Lebron not missed games to injury during this past season they were probably looking at least a 45-50 win team.
    Its still the NBA where you need Stars to compete for the playoffs and Superstars to contend for a title but I think the Kings have a solid young core of Fox,Hield & Bagley Jr to build around.

Magic wanted to draft Fox with the second pick. Jeanie Buss wanted Lonzo.

Thanks Jeanie

@hammer1 said:

@erikthredd said:

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

Thanks Jeanie

As a UCLA fan I was really hoping Lonzo would have a good career... but as a King's fan I am glad we got De'aaron because it looks like he will be an all-star. I met De'aaron a few months ago, at a charity event, and he was extremely friendly with all the fans. A few of the players there were sort of jerks but De'Aaron and Justin Jackson (now former King) were both very friendly with all the fans.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:

@hammer1 said:

@erikthredd said:

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@larryallen73 said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

Thanks Jeanie

As a UCLA fan I was really hoping Lonzo would have a good career... but as a King's fan I am glad we got De'aaron because it looks like he will be an all-star. I met De'aaron a few months ago, at a charity event, and he was extremely friendly with all the fans. A few of the players there were sort of jerks but De'Aaron and Justin Jackson (now former King) were both very friendly with all the fans.

everyone wants to meet Lonzo's dad I bet

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Walton did a good job. He comes from solid basketball stock, and coaching seems like s good fit. Hope he does well in the future. I am a big fan of his Dad.

@thisistheshow said:
    I think Walton did a good job. He comes from solid basketball stock, and coaching seems like s good fit. Hope he does well in the future. I am a big fan of his Dad.

I like the whole family , except jim bob that sob really rubs me the wrong way

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe there was different reason Walton got fired... maybe it wasnt lebaby after all.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@craig44 said:
    maybe there was different reason Walton got fired... maybe it wasnt lebaby after all.

what about magic ?

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking the Lakers caught wind of the Walton alegations. I think Magic got sick of it all and left. he doesnt need the money and its not worth the headache. with lebaby being the headache

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Took her three years to figure out that she was assaulted. Good grief.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bank Teller - "I'm sorry maam, this check is no good."
    Lady trying to cash the check. - "Oh my god. I've been raped."

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m Old School when it comes to Sports, and preferred when players were loyal to teams & fans in their team’s home town, and when teams were more loyal to their players.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"