Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2019 Bowman

Hi everyone

Is anyone doing the Bowman set this year?

I remember last year was hot due to the 1/1 Ohtani that people were chasing.

I bought some blasters from Target.

The Set:

100 - Base cards that also have /numbered variations - plus this year there's 40 RC's!

150 Prospect card set along with a parallel 150 Prospect Chrome set

So, to complete, there's 400 cards.

I hit one really nice blaster that had an Ohtani 2nd yr card (#34 parallel) 274/499 and 2 autos in the same blaster! Have never had that before. Jonathan Hernandez 53/99 and Alex Royalty 171/250.

If anyone is doing the set and wants to do any trading? Just PM me.

Thanx for looking.

Mike

Comments

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Wow!! Nice hits from a single blaster!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Good Luck Mike

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx Kris and George.

I bought 6 blasters and have completed the base set with plenty of extras.

Last year I also did the 150 card prospect set but not the 150 card parallel chrome.

Mike
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

I landed a Wander Franco Chrome Auto... trying to ponder if I should sell it now or wait until he hits the bigs.

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a box at Walmart on Saturday - it had 6 packs of 12 cards and cost $19.99. I opened the box but did not get any autographs. Got a few refractors and chrome cards -- but I'm not really sure who the hot rookies are this year. I was away from the hobby for a very long time. But opening the packs was fun - I just didn't know who or what to look for. Let me tell you though, the cards are amazing in terms of quality...

@DotStore said:
    I bought a box at Walmart on Saturday - it had 6 packs of 12 cards and cost $19.99. I opened the box but did not get any autographs. Got a few refractors and chrome cards -- but I'm not really sure who the hot rookies are this year. I was away from the hobby for a very long time. But opening the packs was fun - I just didn't know who or what to look for. Let me tell you though, the cards are amazing in terms of quality...

That's where the entertainment starts.

E.g., the first RC in the base set is Cedric Mullins, #4. He came up to the majors this year and bombed and was sent back to triple A. So, that's not a hot RC right now IMO. May he still do something? Sure.

Having the internet to look up players is part of the "charm" of collecting contemporary sets IMO.

Mike
  • lilmulelilmule Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2019 11:38PM

I’m usually more of a vintage guy, but had the itch to open some packs so I purchased a 2019 Bowman hobby with a box of Prizm Football here were my pulls. I myself don’t even know who the hot players are but I very quickly learned :)

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Stack up on Seth Beer - kid can rake...

:)

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik

Well.

The set time is just about wound down - I still need BP 97 and 53 and BCP 61.

I pulled quite a few auto cards - nothing that will make ya go nuts or anything - unfortunately.

My best pulls?

Devan White Red 2/5 and this one is hot - BCP 100, #23/50 Wander Franco.

Will be looking forward to Heritage high number, perhaps also Topps Chrome or Stadium Club?

Mike
  • stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got this.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

Nice Jimmy.

Ya know?

One thing about a large "prospects" set - ya gotta look up the players to see how they're doing. Kinda fun IMO.

Mike
  • 45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

I opened two Target mega boxes, and pulled this card:

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another prospect.

My auto.

W. Franco

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

Wow Jimmy - nice pull on the Bryant - I didn't come anywhere close to a 30th anniversary auto.

Mike
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

That Bryant isn't a real auto... the base cards have facsimile autos, and the real ones are usually blue ink and have "Topps Certified Autograph Issue" on the bottom.

@jeffcbay said:
    That Bryant isn't a real auto... the base cards have facsimile autos, and the real ones are usually blue ink and have "Topps Certified Autograph Issue" on the bottom.

Thanx Jeff - since I didn't pull one - hadn't looked at any - so I didn't think - all of my auto cards like the BPs have in small print on the front: Topps Certified Autograph Issue.

Mike
  • BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Nice hits guys. I've got 2 blasters so far. One video is in my break thread.

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@lilmule said:
    I’m usually more of a vintage guy, but had the itch to open some packs so I purchased a 2019 Bowman hobby with a box of Prizm Football here were my pulls. I myself don’t even know who the hot players are but I very quickly learned :)

Wow!!! How much Bowman did you open? You have probably figured out that Julio Rodriguez is one of the best prospects you can get. To get his Auto /25 and that Refractor you did amazing. Congrats.

@Stone193 said:
    Well.

The set time is just about wound down - I still need BP 97 and 53 and BCP 61.

I pulled quite a few auto cards - nothing that will make ya go nuts or anything - unfortunately.

My best pulls?

Devan White Red 2/5 and this one is hot - BCP 100, #23/50 Wander Franco.

Will be looking forward to Heritage high number, perhaps also Topps Chrome or Stadium Club?

Congrats on the Wander Gold Refractor. That's about as good as it gets. Best player to pull in the whole product!!!

Steve

Congrats on the Wander Gold Refractor. That's about as good as it gets. Best player to pull in the whole product!!!

I think you're right on this one Steve - thanx.

Mike
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't imagine doing another set just after Heritage LOL
    They look really nice though ...

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

Steve,
    Actually my son pulled the card. Of course after the pull bought a couple more hobby boxes and pulled a true blue and a regular auto. Let’s just say that it gave him a major ramp up on collecting lol I guess Julio likes Hawaii :)

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies

I pulled a Julio also Mike.

But, the sig is a bit light IMO.

Mike

Mike, that is awesome. Congrats, I recently opened a retail and have a no name green shimmer, they are some fancy cards, and you have a Julio that’s a nice pull my friend.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies