Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Please help with a payment to ebay that I don't understand

detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

For 2 of the last 3 months, I have received a paypal notification for a random payment to ebay, first for an amount of $4.00, and now for an amount of $6.20. I have no clue what these payments are for, nothing in my account statements show the charge or the payment. Am I missing something obvious? Here is what the email looks like:

And here is what the paypal transaction looks like:

Comments

• JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Have you sold anything on eBay the past couple months? Usually eBay fees are collected in the middle of the next month.

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I should have clarified: I sell 30-40 items a month and I get the normal monthly "bill", which aligns exactly with the statement I see in my account. But there is nothing about this specific charge that I can find anywhere on my "ebay" account.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have gotten similar emails about transactions that I have not made and that do not show up in my account information, either. To me, it was clearly a fishing expedition, hoping to "scare" or enrage me about a transaction that I know that I didn't make, and that I would then click on the link provided within that email to dispute the charges, provide my account info to them so they can research the problem... and then they're in! I have just ignored and deleted, and while I did get a few of them over a short period, this treatment of the emails has seemed to cause them to stop.

• detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    I have gotten similar emails about transactions that I have not made and that do not show up in my account information, either. To me, it was clearly a fishing expedition, hoping to "scare" or enrage me about a transaction that I know that I didn't make, and that I would then click on the link provided within that email to dispute the charges, provide my account info to them so they can research the problem... and then they're in! I have just ignored and deleted, and while I did get a few of them over a short period, this treatment of the emails has seemed to cause them to stop.

The problem is that the funds were actually removed from my paypal account. It shows up in my paypal activity as a valid transaction. I will give ebay a call (first time in my life, not looking forward to that).

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello we're Ebay. Sure you can sell on our site, but we'll need to break your thumbs first. Man it's just never ending with them.

• _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

Have you had any returns (snad) ?
    Might be the cost of the labels printed for the buyer.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you drink to excess or have frequent blackouts?? Have you ever woke in the morning feeling very tired with a bloody knife on your kitchen counter but have no idea where it came from and you are fully dressed but didn't go to bed that way??

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you bought anything recently? If so, this is a sales tax payment. When you make purchases now, one payment goes to the seller, one goes to Ebay.

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    Have you bought anything recently? If so, this is a sales tax payment. When you make purchases now, one payment goes to the seller, one goes to Ebay.

Wow

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED