Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

WTB: Low Serial No. Red Seals (Small Size Legal Tenders, 1928-1966)

FoxtrotFoxtrot Posts: 16
edited April 12, 2019 8:13AM in Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

Condition VF or better -- graded or raw -- star or non-star.

(I consider low SN's to be 3 digits or less, unless it's a ladder or solid)

Also looking into radars or repeaters. Thanks!

Comments

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2019 8:48AM

1953 plain $2 USN A00000217A in PCGS 63PPQ, any interest at $375?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • @synchr said:
    1953 plain $2 USN A00000217A in PCGS 63PPQ, any interest at $375?

I would like to see it, but that is an extraordinarily high price for me, unfortunately.

edited April 13, 2019 9:38PM

There is an earlier star 00000034 for sale here, uncertified but take a look at those corners :
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/00000034-STAR-awesome-2-digit-Fancy-LOW-serial-1953-2-USN-2nd-lowest/113717631318?hash=item1a7a195956:g:2kEAAOSwy6hcsj57

• Yeah, I don't think Maxcrusha cares much about condition if the SN is great. I suppose I do, to a certain point. For this price, it would need to be XF for me.

• mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

That is a kick ass note in any grade.

• xYikexYike Posts: 12 ✭✭

There was a #45 serial red seal $100 on eBay in the last few months and I ignored it thinking it was too rich for me. Anyone else see that one?

#45 collector; always seeking
    upgrades or quality additions
    to my Galion & Crestline OH
    collections.
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 8:07AM

I grabbed that one! It is an unquestionable CCU.Needless to say,I didn't think it was too rich a price at all.In fact, after some research as to what these 2 digit red seal $100s have got in the recent past, and even longer, it was a fantastic price.Opportunity knocked.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

“too rich for me”

Nice grab, I’m jealous. And regretting it. 😖

collections.
  • Nice pickup, Rob! Looks like the surrounding serials graded at 65 and 66. Did you send it in?

Nope,still raw.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

I’m still kicking myself. This would have made my 45 collection legit!

collections.
  • You're just going to leave it hanging around the house? Piled up on top of all those other dusty awesome notes layin' around your mattresses and couches????

It is in the safe deposit box (ran out of room in the mattress) where the dust is minmal.My current plan for the note is to place it within my inventory for sale at the January FUN show (or maybe HA auction at FUN when at that point it will get graded).

A00000593A PMG 66 EPQ $520
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/303127498154

• FoxtrotFoxtrot Posts: 16
    edited July 16, 2019 8:10PM

Thanks, synchr for keeping an eye out -- unfortunately, the price on this note is a bit of joke to me, as David bought it on eBay for $230 and then listed it the next morning for $530. It has been collecting dust ever since...

Suffice to say, it was my fault -- I was waffling on the $230 price but in hindsight, it was a great price and I should've pulled the trigger on that.

• Thanks again -- basically, if it's on eBay, I've seen it. I also know past sales on Heritage, LK, etc. so I know the general price ranges and would never pay what this seller wants, as I watched him pay for it, and I see what he is trying to flip it for.

I'm just checking in here for people who have low serials in their collections that are not listed anywhere, or if you've moved on from red seals and are looking to let go of some, I'm always interested.

Thanks for looking out for me -- L