Home Autographs Forum

The Beatles Autographed Record, Real or Not?

My Grandfather worked sanitation for 30+ years. Sometimes he would bring things home that he felt weren't necessarily ready for the trash. When I was a kid, he had a giant stack of records that were in rough shape. I asked if I could have them and he said sure. Since they were in such bad shape, they ended up in a box in my attic, until I was organizing my records the other day, and found this. It looks legit, but I'm no expert. I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks. Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

It needs to be authenticated. If real it would have significant value. "Looks legit" doesn't mean a thing when it comes to valuable autographs. There are just too many fakes out there.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not an expert, but John Lennon’s looks very, very wrong. Same with Ringo’s. Needs to be authenticated.

Good luck,
    Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Thanks for the feedback. If this is an early Beatles autograph, then it's quite possible that their autographs evolved over time and with fame. Take Mickey Mantle for example. His early signature looked nothing like it did later on in his playing days and retirement. I've seen a few online where John signed separately, with the Lennon with an uppercase L. And I'm curious as to what looks so suspicions about Ringo's signature? Also, how do I go about getting it authenticated? Thanks!!

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to google search and type: "Getting the Beatles signatures authenticated." Some websites should come up that will give you some help on finding out how to get them authenicated.

• genlougenlou Posts: 22 ✭✭

Sorry they are all wrong, perry Cox is the only one who will really authentic Beatles autos now frank c does not do i5 any more from what I heard the rest just quess you really have to know what to look for.

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2019 7:47PM

What genlou said. Those signatures are not even close from any stage of the Beatles' careers. I have owned a number of sets and looked at hundreds of others. These are definitely positively not signed by any of the Fab Four. Furthermore, there are only 15 or so known signed US Beatles LPs. There is only one "Beatles '65" in the census and this certainly isn't it...nor is it ever going to be recognized as the second known.