Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Set Registry Checklist Item Denied

LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone here might have an idea as to why this card was denied when I attempted to have it added. I will reach out to them on Monday to inquire but thought I’d ask here first. I made two requests both for the same set. One was approved and the other denied.

I attempted to have the card below add to the 1970-71 Topps Sabres Set registry. While not pictured in a Sabres uniform (which is common for these early 70s sets) the card clearly states Buffalo Sabres on the front and even talks of his joining the team in Nov 1970.

Any and all Ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin

Comments

• electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2019 12:38PM

Your card should be allowed to be inserted in the Buffalo Sabres team set, lets say a player has a Buffalo jersey on but is listed with another team on the card then it is not allowed,but if a player has been traded to a team like your card with another jersey the card will be accepted.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    Was wondering if anyone here might have an idea as to why this card was denied when I attempted to have it added. I will reach out to them on Monday to inquire but thought I’d ask here first. I made two requests both for the same set. One was approved and the other denied.

I attempted to have the card below add to the 1970-71 Topps Sabres Set registry. While not pictured in a Sabres uniform (which is common for these early 70s sets) the card clearly states Buffalo Sabres on the front and even talks of his joining the team in Nov 1970.

Any and all Ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Were you able to get this resolved? I couldn't think of any reason it would be denied.

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector I did Kyle. The reason is because he never played in an actual game for the Sabres. He was traded again days after arriving. That first year in Buffalo was like a revolving door of players so I never bothered to check on the games played. I knew he was traded to Toronto because his OPC card features him as a Leaf.

Funny thing is another more "famous" card is included in the 1974 Topps Sabres Team registry set. There were rumors leading up to the 1974 season that Jacques Lemaire, a Montreal legend, was going to be traded to the Sabres. Topps thought they get out in front of it and printed his card as a Sabre. It may actually be the best airbrush job of the 70's! Needless to say the trade never happened and Lamaire played his entire career with the Canadiens. I won't report that card because I love the story behind it. I'm sure some one will eventually but it won't be me.

Kevin

I

Kevin

• electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2019 8:50PM

The 1974 Topps Lemaire card is in my basic and master sets,O Pee Chee also printed the error, the 1970 Bob Baun card is listed in his basic and master sets.
    rocket52