Home Sports Talk

Russell Westbrook just had a 20/20/20 game. Will any other current player/s do it next?

thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 3, 2019 5:00PM in Sports Talk

Giannis maybe?

I live in DFW. Watching Luka, I would say he is in the mix for it possibly.

Comments

• 45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Hadn’t been done since Wilt did it, so it may be another 50 years before someone does it again.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2019 5:01PM

Probably not. That was only the 2nd time in history that a player had a 20/20/20 game with Wilt being the other. I think 20 assists would be tough for Giannis and 20 rebounds for Luka.
    You'd think Lebron in his prime would have been a candidate seeing that he was a capable rebounder & passer yet never had a game like that.

• 45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Westbrook has a unique skill set, and on top of that, he plays with an intensity that is unmatched.

I could possibly see Russ do it again at some point in the future. He hangs back to help on the boards so his rebound numbers could be high some games and he's one of the best passing Point Guards in basketball.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2019 3:10AM

He is the poster child for how you want your point guard to play like

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is a great game. do you think it is more impressive than the quadruple double? I think Olajuwon was the last to do it. those 10 blocked shots make it nearly impossible for a guard to do it.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    that is a great game. do you think it is more impressive than the quadruple double? I think Olajuwon was the last to do it. those 10 blocked shots make it nearly impossible for a guard to do it.

The quadruple double is also very impressive. Wow! Crazy to think about.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 blocked shots in a game is a great feat all by itself!

@craig44 said:

I remember David Robinson putting up a quadruple double too and then Tim Duncan just missing one by finishing two blocks short in a series clinching win in the Finals.
    I'd say the 20/20/20 is tougher just for the fact of getting 20 rebounds and assists sounds easier than it really is. Both feats are pretty rare though.

yes, you are right. David Robinson did accomplish the quadruple double more recently than Olajuwon. must have been in the mid 90´s

i am sure wilt could have done it had blocks been counted when he played

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Wilt could have done whatever he put his mind to. I heard stories about him being able to do whatever on the court. Just remember that he averaged more than 48 mins played in a season. Don't think that will ever be done again.

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

I respectfully disagree. 20/20/20 is a great accomplishment though and he is undoubtedly a fantastic player and future 1st ballot HOFer. That said, I would not like playing with him and I don't think his style of play is conducive to winning championships.

Steve

@slum22 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

I respectfully disagree. 20/20/20 is a great accomplishment though and he is undoubtedly a fantastic player and future 1st ballot HOFer. That said, I would not like playing with him and I don't think his style of play is conducive to winning championships.

That’s fine. No one plays harder then this kid. He can run my team anyday of the week

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@slum22 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

That’s fine. No one plays harder then this kid. He can run my team anyday of the week

m

Absolutely. No quibbles with his effort. He is a remarkable player. I am just not a fan of teams that rely on one player to play like Teen Wolf to carry that team. Lebron, Harden and Westbrook are all unbelievable players and most teams would kill to have one of them on their roster. I just don't care for their play stylistically.

Steve
    edited April 5, 2019 2:57AM

@slum22 said:

@Justacommeman said:

@slum22 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

m

Absolutely. No quibbles with his effort. He is a remarkable player. I am just not a fan of teams that rely on one player to play like Teen Wolf to carry that team. Lebron, Harden and Westbrook are all unbelievable players and most teams would kill to have one of them on their roster. I just don't care for their play stylistically.

And I can live with that. However, I will offer up the fact that Westbrook leads the league in assists. He is averaging 20% more assists then the next closet guy. He is also averaging a triple double a game. He literally does it all at 110 mph non stop. He’s my guy.

m

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

If he had a more consistent outside shot, he would be unstoppable. Gives 110% all the time at unreal speed. This Celtics fan enjoys watching this guy as much as anyone. If Ben Simmons ever learns to shoot, he could be unstoppable as well.