Home Sports Talk

The BEST of the players that you really did not like.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Either they were a competitor to your favorite team. Maybe a bit dirty. Perhaps they were idiots.

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 8:17PM

My list.

1. Jordan: I was a Pistons fan and the refs let him travel at will if it meant a highlight dunk.
    2. Bob Gibson: Nearly took the Tigers out in 1968.
    3. Joe Montana: Seemed a little wimpy and got tired of them winning every week, but he is the QB GOAT.
    4. Dennis Rodman: Guy was nuts or at least acted as if he was. Great defender and got rings wherever he played.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Magic Johnson. I'm a Celtic fan, Bird fan. It was easy to hate him and everyone else on the 80s Lakers

John Rocker. Biggest, full of himself, idiot db in all of baseball back in the late 90's

Merton Hanks. Hated his crazy, stupid dance he would do after an int or td. It almost seemed like his head was about to fall off sometimes 😂

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few of mine:

1) Michael Jordan - Pistons fan here. The amount of protection he got from the refs was insane.

2) Claude Lemieux - Kris Draper. Nuff said.

3) Dave Winfield - For his role in the Minnesota/Ohio State basketball brawl.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2019 9:28AM

Eli Manning, Alex Rodriguez, Aaron Rodgers

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

John Elway.
    New York Yankees.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aaron Rodgers. He always seems smarmy to me.

@lawnmowerman said:
    Magic Johnson. I'm a Celtic fan, Bird fan. It was easy to hate him and everyone else on the 80s Lakers

John Rocker. Biggest, full of himself, idiot db in all of baseball back in the late 90's

Merton Hanks. Hated his crazy, stupid dance he would do after an int or td. It almost seemed like his head was about to fall off sometimes 😂

Growing up a Celtics fan, I remember sitting around the TV watching Celtics Lakers playoff games with my uncles and cousins. The hatred for the Lakers would be palpable.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Aaron Rodgers. He always seems smarmy to me.

Agreed! I updated my “Eli Manning, Alex Rodriguez with Aaron Rodgers. Can’t stand him 🙄

edited April 1, 2019 9:40AM

@thisistheshow said:

@lawnmowerman said:

Growing up a Celtics fan, I remember sitting around the TV watching Celtics Lakers playoff games with my uncles and cousins. The hatred for the Lakers would be palpable.

Same. it was the only time watching sports that my dad actually rooted for the same team I did. For some reason he always rooted against the teams I liked. He liked Bird, so for once I actually enjoyed watching the game with him.

@lawnmowerman said:

@thisistheshow said:

@lawnmowerman said:

Same. it was the only time watching sports that my dad actually rooted for the same team I did. For some reason he always rooted against the teams I liked but he liked Bird.

Larry Legend. The best that ever did it.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldnt stand the cowboys of the mid 90ś. emmitt smith was the bane of my existance for a few years there. couldnt stand him. I can certainly appreciate his greatness now 20 years removed, but back then, hated him.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@craig44 said:
    emmitt smith was the bane of my existance for a few years there. couldnt stand him.

Your words have deeply bruised me. I may find it in my heart to forgive you....one day

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clothesline McHale.

I loved Kevin McHale. Him and Dennis Rodman both excellent examples of players hated by fans and opposing teams alike. Rodman and McHale. Basically twins except for McHale being white and looking like an extra from Michael Jackson's thriller video

Only team I was ever really committed to was the Tigers. Love affair ended in the early 1990's when Bo Schembechler fired Ernie Harwell. Been team agnostic ever since.

Hated the damn Orioles, Particularly the belligerent midget manager. Boog Powell gave me nightmares.

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@lawnmowerman said:

It's funny. I grew up in LA, a Laker's fan in the 70's and 80's, went to lots of games, and certainly considered the Celtics our #1 rival but I never had a hatred for them or for Bird. I am not speaking for all LA fans as I am sure many do hate the Celtics/Bird but I think the rivalry/hatred was stronger east->west than the other way around. Sort of like the hatred/rivalry from Nor Cal-> So Cal - it's MUCH stronger in the north than in the south. Just an observation.

edited April 1, 2019 12:30PM

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

McHale
    Ainge
    Dennis Johnson
    Robert Parrish

No way I could hate Larry Legend

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kobe Bryant - for running Shaq out of LA, and for what he did in Colorado.

He should have gone to prison!

Steve