Home Sports Talk

Labron Wants a New Coach

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Labron should be the player coach and Ball could be his assistant

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be so glad when he is gone from the game!

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

LeBron leaving seems to have hurt the Cavs chances but did it help the lakers?

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

When he was healthy they were in the 4th-7th range in the West where a win or loss could see you jump/fall a few spots. They definitely looked to be on pace to make the playoffs.

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

When he was healthy they were in the 4th-7th range in the West where a win or loss could see you jump/fall a few spots. They definitely looked to be on pace to make the playoffs.

so he could be in the finals in cleveland but he left to come in 7th ? I'm not sure I want that to be the intellect that picks my coach

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the fellows that tell me to love Brady put the hate on the NBA GOAT.

Don't recall him getting busted cheating like the Patriots great.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

What took him so long?

edited January 26, 2019 10:23AM

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

so he could be in the finals in cleveland but he left to come in 7th ? I'm not sure I want that to be the intellect that picks my coach

The Lakers weren't going to be all that great this season even with him. Their rebuild plan was to sign him then either trade for another star player this season or wait till next year when they have the available cap space to go sign one instead.
    If they do get that 2nd star without having to give up any of their young players I can see them contending in the West but getting by this current GS team would be very tough. If Klay,Durant or both leave in free agency obviously things could change. Reports are Klay wants to definitely stay but who knows with Durant.

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

The Lakers weren't going to be all that great this season even with him. Their rebuild plan was to sign him then either trade for another star player this season or wait till next year when they have the available cap space to go sign one instead.
    If they do get that 2nd star without having to give up any of their young players I can see them contending in the West but getting by this current GS team would be very tough. If Klay,Durant or both leave in free agency obviously things could change. Reports are Klay wants to definitely stay but who knows with Durant.

They thought that was the plan. Turns out the plan was , sign lebron and let the lebron sideshow destroy your organization . :D

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

They thought that was the plan. Turns out the plan was , sign lebron and let the lebron sideshow destroy your organization . :D

I wouldn't say he's destroyed their organization. Before he got hurt they were on pace to exceed last season's LA win total by quite a bit. The Lakers did sign some nutjobs this past offseason but they were all on one year deals and are likely not to be back next season.

@Coinstartled said:

Quit misusing the term NBA GOAT...….he is not even close!

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

Huge Cleveland fan, what he did for that organization and city is beyond comprehensible if you weren't connected to it. He is an exceptional player who makes everyone around him better. Say the East was weak or whatever but they went to the finals every year since he came back. They should have/would have won the first year that Kyrie and Love were both hurt and they still went 6 games. Like the show around him or not he is definitely in the talk of greatest of all time.

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

If you said second or third I would give you a not. Not even close though is mind boggling.

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

If you said second or third I would give you a not. Not even close though is mind boggling.

I would put the following ahead of him:

Jordan
    Wilt
    Magic
    Kobe
    and probably Bird

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuse my ignorance on this matter of Lebron's GOATness. Why do people consider him the GOAT? For real? It's an honest question, not a wry one. I look at his career stats/accomplishments and shrug my shoulders. There are others who have better/more career stats/accomplishments.

Please inform. Thanks.

Andy

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019 4:53PM

Magic needs to trade the kids.

Zo is a bust. Injury prone and a 42% free throw shooter (have to take him out at the end of games to avoid the hack-a-Zo.). Miracle when he makes any shot, especially a three.

Ingram doesn't pass. He brings the ball up the court, holds onto to it for 19 seconds, and while double teamed throws up a desperation shot with 2 seconds left.

Hart is a tough nosed defender, but too inconsistent a shooter. He won't grow out of the inconsistency because he's a rare 4 year college grad, that had plenty of time to refine his shot in 4 years of college.

Dump them, and keep Kuzma, a great 25th pick.

@hammer1 said:

Zo is a bust. Injury prone and a 42% free throw shooter (have to take him out at the end of games to avoid the hack-a-Zo.). Miracle when he makes any shot, especially a three.

Ingram doesn't pass. He brings the ball up the court, holds onto to it for 19 seconds, and while double teamed throws up a desperation shot with 2 seconds left.

Hart is a tough nosed defender, but too inconsistent a shooter. He won't grow out of the inconsistency because he's a rare 4 year college grad, that had plenty of time to refine his shot in 4 years of college.

I don't know what you are drinking, but it must be good stuff.

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

I don't drink.

I know you know nothing about the NBA and the Lakers in particular. You've proven that in the past.

Put down whatever you're smoking, and dispute one thing I said.

@hammer1 said:

Ingram doesn't pass. He brings the ball up the court, holds onto to it for 19 seconds, and throws up a desperation shot with 2 seconds left.

Dump them, and keep Kuz, a great 25th pick.

Dumping them because they haven't lived up to your expectations makes zero sense. Ball & Ingram are both just 21 years old and have to much upside to just move them for the hell of it. Hart has 3 & D potential.
    This isn't the 80's or 90's when you were drafting players with 3-4 years of college experience,now you mostly get kids jumping into the draft after one year of college play. By 2021 the NBA is expected to get rid of that one year college rule so the draft every year going forward will be mostly be high school kids that will probably take an entire rookie deal to develop.
    Here in Boston we hear the same things about Jaylen Brown,Terry Rozier & Marcus Smart(even though he just got an extension), some Celtics fans want to dump them because they're not averaging the ppg they had last season.
    Trading Ball,Ingram & Hart only makes sense if LA is getting back a legit star player.

@hammer1 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

I don't drink.

I know you know nothing about the NBA and the Lakers in particular. You've proven that in the past.

Put down whatever you're smoking, and dispute one thing I said.

The Lakers have had many great teams. But the current one not so much!

And I don't smoke. ;)

edited January 26, 2019 5:16PM

I'm a huge laker fan. I was thrilled when they drafted those guys. Hart does have 4 full years of college.

They haven't lived up to a lot of people's expectations. Of course the implication is to trade those 3 guys and throw in a first and a second for another superstar.

Need to find another superstar to play with Bron. Some superstars have said they don't want to, including the big prize, Kawhi, who just bought a 15M house in Rancho SantaFe (SoCal), and doesn't want to be second fiddle to Bron. Clips get him.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

LeBron needs to shut up and dribble

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

true dat

@ahopkins said:
    Excuse my ignorance on this matter of Lebron's GOATness. Why do people consider him the GOAT? For real? It's an honest question, not a wry one. I look at his career stats/accomplishments and shrug my shoulders. There are others who have better/more career stats/accomplishments.

Please inform. Thanks.

Any of the Dimeman GOAT'ees could win with another star. LeBron needed talent as well, but could make the finals as a solo act.

it sounds like the problem isn't so much LeBron as "LeBron's camp"

If you play for my team you don't get to have a camp a posse or an entourage .

Living up to expectations in the NBA is very tough,many fans assume that if a player gets drafted top 5-10 then he automatically needs to turn into a superstar player when many don't. To me it just makes more sense to just hold onto them until there is something worthy coming back. If Magic & Lebron can convince a star free agent to sign with LA next offseason,which is very realistic,then it would make sense to take your trade package above and bring in a 3rd star. I think Magic did the right thing by not caving in with a godfather offer for Kawhi when he was still with SA. Danny Ainge too. There was too much uncertainty with Kawhi re-signing had either GM made that deal.

Celtics fans thought we had future stars in Jaylen Brown & Terry Rozier after last season's playoff run and now from reading comments on local sites they want to just dump them for whatever which would be crazy. I think Ainge & Magic both are holding onto these young players until this offseason to see if Anthony Davis becomes available. From everything I've read online Boston & LA could offer the best package of young players for AD.

• TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019 5:53PM

Lebron wants a new coach?
    I wonder how many people want a new Lebron?

edited January 26, 2019 6:11PM

@Coinstartled said:

@ahopkins said:

Please inform. Thanks.

Any of the Dimeman GOAT'ees could win with another star. LeBron needed talent as well, but could make the finals as a solo act.

Making the Finals coming out of the East has been pretty easy for Lebron the past 9-10 years. After Boston's small run with Pierce,KG & Allen ended the East never really had much legit competition for Lebron to go thru. He teamed up with two of the best East players in Wade & Bosh basically negating two previous opponents. Then look at all the other teams left over the years that he faced in the ECF:

The Bulls were great for that one season when Derrick Rose won MVP and carried them to the ECF then Rose got hurt and Chicago hasn't been any good since then.
    The Pacers had a decent team built around Paul George for a couple years then he got hurt and Indy hasn't been the same since.
    The Hawks had one great season but couldn't get by Lebron,Kyrie & Love.
    The Raptors had a couple great seasons yet couldn't get by Lebron,Kyrie & Love one year and Lebron & Love the next.
    The Celtics had two solid playoff runs these past two seasons but really weren't all that great when it comes down to it.

Its pretty easy to continually win your conference when your starting lineup consists of three of of the starting All-Stars for your conference.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019 6:33PM

say what you want about LeBron, but this season has once again proven that no team is remotely the same without him. with him, the Lake Show is a playoff team. in fact, his last game was on Christmas day against the Warriors. at Oracle. the Lakers won that game by 26 points.

since he went down, they're 5-10. on the outside looking in with regards to the playoffs. about to be passed in the standings by the Sacramento Kings. nuff said.

if I'm a Lakers fan, I'm beyond nervous. for the first time in his career, he legitimately got hurt and missed considerable time because of it. i'll never understand why people were acting like the addition of LeBron is going to make LA a title contender for the next 10 years. the dude has probably put more miles on those 34-yr-old tires than any player in the history of the game. eventually, the tread depth is going to be imperceptible.

but here's the most deflating thought. even if he does return to full strength and they slide into the playoffs & advance? yeah, they'll eventually meet up with a rejuvenated Warriors team that has been bored to tears all season long. until Golden State's nucleus breaks up, LBJ & the Lakers have no chance of winning the chip. ever. and with every passing year he gets one step closer to 40.

the clock is ticking fast, but i'm not sure how many LAL fans realize it. that father time guy.........he's undefeated.

edited January 26, 2019 6:53PM

@galaxy27 said:
    say what you want about LeBron, but this season has once again proven that no team is remotely the same without him. with him, the Lake Show is a playoff team. in fact, his last game was on Christmas day against the Warriors. at Oracle. the Lakers won that game by 26 points.

since he went down, they're 5-10. on the outside looking in with regards to the playoffs. about to be passed in the standings by the Sacramento Kings. nuff said.

if I'm a Lakers fan, I'm beyond nervous. for the first time in his career, he legitimately got hurt and missed considerable time because of it. i'll never understand why people were acting like the addition of LeBron is going to make LA a title contender for the next 10 years. the dude has probably put more miles on those 34-yr-old tires than any player in the history of the game. eventually, the tread depth is going to be imperceptible.

but here's the most deflating thought. even if he does return to full strength and they slide into the playoffs & advance? yeah, they'll eventually meet up with a rejuvenated Warriors team that has been bored to tears all season long. until Golden State's nucleus breaks up, LBJ & the Lakers have no chance of winning the chip. ever. and with every passing year he gets one step closer to 40.

the clock is ticking fast, but i'm not sure how many LAL fans realize it. that father time guy.........he's undefeated.

why leave cleveland to worsen your chance to win? WTF is so fascinating about being a Laker ? Oh I'm ever so special , I want to be a Laker , in fact in basketball whats up with players ever caring what team they go to?

I can see if you were born in Montreal and wanted to play for the Canadians . Maybe you are a New Yorker and want to be a Yankee.

LA ?? Who even cares about that place? In any case LeBron doesn't strike me as a traditionalist . I mean he's from Cleveland or something he pretended to care about the place twice , no one would believe any of that BS anyway.

edited January 26, 2019 7:28PM

@bronco2078 said:

LA ?? Who even cares about that place? In any case LeBron doesn't strike me as a traditionalist . I mean he's from Cleveland or something he pretended to care about the place twice , no one would believe any of that BS anyway.

If you're a Denver fan I understand not being able to fathom someone wanting to come to Denver. No one says yeah man I want to play for the Broncs, Rockies, Avalanche.

Many pro athletes want to be in LA. It's the place to be. Denver, meh.

Sour grapes, much?

I don't care for LA personally, but I understand why players or anybody really would like to be in LA. It is the entertainment capital of the World. If Labron wanted to be in LA and win Championships why didn't he go there when Kobe and some of those guys were there? They (LA) really haven't been that good since Kobe retired.

edited January 27, 2019 5:30AM

@hammer1 said:

@bronco2078 said:

If you're a Denver fan I understand not being able to fathom someone wanting to come to Denver. No one says yeah man I want to play for the Broncs, Rockies, Avalanche.

Sour grapes, much?

what does denver have to do with anything

Are you talking about pro athletes that have lost focus? Like I'm going to be a rapper , I'm going to be a movie star? Nobody actually wants to see that

@bronco2078 said:

@hammer1 said:

@bronco2078 said:

Sour grapes, much?

what does denver have to do with anything

Are you talking about pro athletes that have lost focus? Like I'm going to be a rapper , I'm going to be a movie star? Nobody actually wants to see that

I think he assumed you were a Denver fan because of the word bronco in your user ID.

My comments were to bronco2078 saying: 'LA ?? Who even cares about that place? "

LA has the weather, nice beaches, the weather, beautiful women, the weather, business opportunities, the weather, storied sports teams to play for, and the weather.

LA is the city of choice for a majority of pro athletes to play in, and ultimately retire to. More than any other city in the world.

@hammer1 said:
    My comments were to bronco2078 saying: 'LA ?? Who even cares about that place? "

LA has the weather, nice beaches, the weather, beautiful women, the weather, business opportunities, the weather, storied sports teams to play for, and the weather.

LA is the city of choice for a majority of pro athletes to play in, and ultimately retire to. More than any other city in the world.

Retire there after you are done playing. Take your broken down knees sore back and 5 concussions and go there to die.

Not a sports town there are exactly as many fans in LA as there are teams. like maybe 6 fans tops

@hammer1 said:

Havana would be a better choice for most of them.

@erikthredd said:
    Ty Lue is available.

Lmao,there are multiple reports out that he is getting strong consideration to replace Walton as LA's HC. I hope for his sake he turns it down after having to deal with all the drama back in Cleveland a year ago to the point it was affecting his health.

Of course he does ..... it's always somebody's fault other than his. I wish he would just go away. He is just making a fool of his self. If he's not careful he will fall out of the top 10 ..... if he already hasn't.

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2019 4:07PM

Lebron wants a new Lebron. He's just too unaware to realize it yet.

Jeanie has Phil on speed dial. :o

Did Luke get canned yet?

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

LeBron wants to be President of the United States. He has stated that.

I do believe that one day LeBron very well might become president.....

.....of his own fan club. :p

edited March 26, 2019 5:53PM

@Coinstartled said:
    Did Luke get canned yet?

No but their season will end within the next few weeks. They have 9 games left.

@Coinstartled said:
    Did Luke get canned yet?

If canned he will be hired by his alma mater, where he'll be close enough for you to watch him.

University of Arizona in Tucson. :p

Luke will get another head coaching job in the NBA if LA lets him go. They were a decent team up until Lebron getting hurt then when the AD to LA ploy blew up in their face there was no way to come back from that IMO. They'll make Walton the scapegoat though and some other team will give him another chance as HC. It might not be right away but he's still pretty young compared to most other NBA coaches.

• Walton will be better off when he gets away from the egomaniac. We all know LeBron didn’t come to Los Angeles to play basketball. He’s doing the selfish LeBron thing and once again putting himself ahead of everyone else.

• steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, coaching is why the Lakers are not very good...….laughable

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading this thread, I wonder why LeBron is so loathed. He has made quite a few bumbling steps this year, including alienating his young teammates. And he has at times taken some selfish steps in his career. BUT he is hardly the only All-time great to let his ego get in the way. Magic and Jordan both had coaches fired.
    He has designs on owning a team, and has been a successful businessman, which seems to bother people. The same could be said of Jordan or Peyton Manning but people don't seem to hold it against them. He brought one more championship to Cleveland than anyone else in the last 50 years and seems to be a good family man who defends his kids against numbskulls like LaVar Ball. I can't say I have rooted for him but I am not sure I get the borderline hate.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.