Home Metal Detecting

Trying to choose all around waterproof detector.

Hi All,
I'm doing my homework on purchasing a waterproof detector, it's a detector I want available for an occasional lake hunt, my main unit is a DFX that I really enjoy using. I've seen the Tesoro Tiger shark, the Garrett AT PRO and Max and the Whites MX Sport. The Tesoro has a some great reviews by my best friend and I know he has done very well with his,the lifetime warranty is a huge selling point also. Just shoot me some thoughts on the others, those are where I'm going to keep my price range,just because my usage will be minimal when I do use it.Thank again and happy Hunting! Thanks for your feedback Brother!

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The White's Surfmaster PI Dual Field is a great unit.... I am partial to White's because of their excellent products and superb customer service. Cheers, RickO

• Thanks RickO , Love my DFX also!

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garrett At pro is submersible to 10 meters with waterproof headphones. I love it when I'm in the breakwater, no worries while I search for jewelry. Also great during rain showers on land. On solid ground, this unit is great.
    I was out yesterday and did very well. 1835 large cent, 1932 Washington quarter, 2 Indian cents 1909 & ?soaking, 8 wheaties, a skeleton key, a Civil war token "OUR NAVY" and the usual nails. Every item 4-6 inches. Images soon. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭

Minelab Equinox 600 or 800, head and shoulders above anything you mentioned and the 600 is less expensive.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Valuable information. Thank you for your post and others responses !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Good amount of information, thanks to al, the ground is finally thawed in upstate, time to go hunting!

• I have a MX Sport, like new, still in the box for sale with water proof headphones.
    Asking 500.

• davidkdavidk Posts: 274 ✭✭✭

@Bayard1908 said:
    Minelab Equinox 600 or 800, head and shoulders above anything you mentioned and the 600 is less expensive.

Have you had a chance to compare the Garrett AT Pro directly to the Equinox 800?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sonofdust ... Welcome aboard... great forum for MD'rs...Cheers, RickO