Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

If you're an addict and you know it, clap your hands (aka, newps time!)

EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 22, 2019 10:17AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I seem to be a bit out of control, but I am having a hard time feeling bad about buying these:

'STEPPEX' + Ty. 53, AR Sceat, ca.695-715AD, ca.12mm, ca.1.0g. Degenerate 'porcupine' hd. r./ Stepped cross, annulet at centre. S785, N150, Mp.243, Abramson 91-10.

(Graded 'Good VF' by the seller, but I think it is 'Near EF'. In any case, value for these things are really based more on eye appeal than micro-assessment of degree of wear.)

EAST-ANGLIAN QIB var.2. AR Sceat, ca.725-45AD, ca.12mm, ca.1.0g. Two figures standing facing, each holding cross pommée in outer hand, and jointly a cross pommée between; three pellets above / Quadruped standing/crouching right, head left; pellets in field. S808, Mp.488, Abramson 63.40. VERY RARE!

(Graded 'Good VF' by the seller, which matches my assessment.)

Thanks to @Nap for the encouragement!

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turkey 1946 25 Kurush

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to clap... but my shot of GlenMorangie d'or was in the way....darn scotch again...seriously addicted to one or two shots a week. :)o:)

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob13 said:
    Here’s my latest. The TV is Pretty close to in hand appearance.

1641 Augsburg Taler

Looks good!

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob13,

Your Augsburg looks extremely handsome. I blew up the image and am wondering how come it's only a 62.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EVillageProwler said:
    @Bob13,

Your Augsburg looks extremely handsome. I blew up the image and am wondering how come it's only a 62.

EVP

Looks to me like high-point rub and/or lack of luster (which is hard to tell in a photo).

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 10:30PM

I think there is a bit of rub, too, maybe some cabinet friction. (Which I anticipated when I bid.) This is one of those AU62 coins.

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob13 said:
    I think there is a bit up rub, too, maybe some cabinet friction. (Which I anticipated when I bid.) This is one of those AU62 coins.

Be thankful, I think that coin goes for higher than 62 money out of the holder. Not knowing the purchase price, maybe it did anyway.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OriginalDan - CoinFacts already lists the purchase price I paid last week so see how you think I did!

But, Coinfacts doesn’t have the auction result from HA 3 years ago which would have cost me (living in CA and paying sales tax) about 20% more!

Appreciate all the comments! I’m pretty happy with the overall eye appeal.

My current "Box of 20"