Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you find looking at coins relaxing?

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try to imagine the activity. :)

Do you find looking at coins relaxing?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I look at them about twice a week.

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

Timely question for me. As of late I’ve found it legit relaxing to open a bag or roll and sort out better examples. It’s nearly as settling to view my PCGS coins. OTOH, it’s not as gratifying to go through albums and duplicates to find just the right coins for display. Too much fiddling with plastic slides and flips, I guess. ;)

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

I must admit. I do!

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:
    I find everything nerve racking.

Can't disagree.

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I chill on the couch when watching TV I always have my coins to look at during commercial

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, generally, when casually reviewing some stuff from my collection.

Stressful when having to make a serious purchase decision.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    No, more exciting than relaxing ......

relaxing yes, Moderator: Can we add a Super Cool button next to Like?

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoyable but not relaxing. It's more like I'm studying something I'm interested in.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@ms70 said:
    Enjoyable but not relaxing. It's more like I'm studying something I'm interested in.

I'm running from from sun up until everything is done in the evening. So by the time I sit down to look at some coins it feels relaxing :)

• Options

@ACop said:

Like trying to decide which one of those ladies you like best. I think its the far left one although the second one is close.

• Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 6:32PM

@CoinscratchFever said:

@ACop said:

Like trying to decide which one of those ladies you like best. I think its the far left one although the second one is close.

/#2 is my favorite. #1 is raw so I'm not sure if it would grade, but still likable.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I actually don't find coins relaxing to look at. Perhaps mentally stimulating, but not relaxing. Also, the looking creates a fair amount of apprehension about things that I would like to have, but can never afford. This anxiety is sometimes balanced out a bit when I see nice coins where I already own a similar example. Relaxing just ain't the correct word for looking at coins.

• Options

I work my tail off all day. When I come home I say my hellos and take the dog the dog for a walk, make a fire and eat dinner. These post work activities make me happy, but I finally begin to really relax after I go to my gun safe a pull a box of PCGS slabs out and make a configuration of select varieties usually of the same date on my dresser and check them periodically for the rest of the evening while being dad & husband. Yes, coins help me relax.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

It kinda depends on how far I have to walk from my car😊

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@ACop said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@ACop said:

/#2 is my favorite. #1 is raw so I'm not sure if it would grade, but still likable.

I should have known, a redhead.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but also exciting and euphoric.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s like a mellow buzz.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely, calms my nerves !!! ;)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to take circulated (problem) gold and Morgans and run them through my fingers, stack it, knock it over, stuff like that. Everytime I do, I think of Daffy Duck...

IT'S MINE, YOU HEAR, MINE! GO GO GO, BACK BACK BACK! MINE MINE MINE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file