Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

National Currency Value $20 Gardiner Oregon

I mostly collect coins but this came with a collection I inherited. I can't seem to find too much about this note, so I was hoping you folks could help me with the value.

Thank you

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with Nationals, but it does have a "cool" serial number !!! B)

Timbuk3
  • According to Track and Price, their are 10 small size notes known. Estimated value $700-$800
    Depending on the number of Oregon collectors interested in it

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

@thenibbler said:
    According to Track and Price, their are 10 small size notes known. Estimated value $700-$800
    Depending on the number of Oregon collectors interested in it

Agreed...and maybe, on a good day, up to $1000.Stack's sold one on 11/9/2017 in a bit better shape for $1560 but that was with the buyers premium.The tear really hurts the value.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't know much about the note but do like it

• Thank you for the information @numbersman and @thenibbler . As I mentioned above, I am more of a coin collector so I am likely to sell it to be able to get more coins, just need to find the right channel to do so.

Cheers!

• zodiac65zodiac65 Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

Private message sent.

"They lost because their phenoms failed to phenominate." - Yogi Berra
  • gsalexgsalex Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

Gardiner! I used to drive past there all the time and have even stopped a few times. It's an itty bitty town on the Oregon Coast, about 30 miles north of Coos Bay. I don't think the bank building still exists, but I'll look for it next time we're in the area.

Intrigued by all things intaglio.
  • I just checked google maps and boy is that town small. I wonder where the bank was on the map.

• Let me know if you would like to sell it...

• SqueekstyleSqueekstyle Posts: 57 ✭✭✭

Yes I would indeed be interested in selling this item.

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

PM sent

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Pm sent

• MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I'd PM but I have a feeling others are paying more...