Home Q & A Forum
Options

Beautiful 1959 Cent

acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I find this 1959 cent super nice. Is it nice enough to send it to PCGS

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would need to grade 66+ or higher for it to be worth the cost for grading fees, shipping fees, and insurance fees.

It is a nice coin, though.

What do you think it will grade?
    https://www.pcgs.com/photograde/#/Cents

• Options

I just receive today my PCGS. I will study the components of Mint State Grading first. I dont want to trough anything out for know. Thanks for the compliment. The coin of corse….

• Options

Looking at the photos on the link look to be MS67

• Options

Did you read: https://www.pcgs.com/eyeappeal

And

https://www.pcgs.com/grades (click on the grades for an explanations)

• Options

Please tell me what you think...….

• Options

Or maybe MS 63 not that efficient yet in regard to grading.

• Options

It think there is also a MDO

• Options

• Options

Suggest the book, “Coin Grading by Photographs” as a good start in learning about grading coins.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the photos, looks like about an MS64RD... certainly not worth the grading fees, but good enough to set aside or stick in a coin album/folder.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, protect that puppy, get it in a flip. The Bowers photo grade book is a great reference for all U.S. coins. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@illini420 said:
    From the photos, looks like about an MS64RD... certainly not worth the grading fees, but good enough to set aside or stick in a coin album/

Thanks illini, although I just sing in with PCGS, gold collectors club int'l. I get to grade the first 4 coins at a minimal fee. I might send it just to get use with the process grading with PCGS.

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Yup, protect that puppy, get it in a flip. The Bowers photo grade book is a great reference for all U.S. coins. Peace Roy

Hello Roy, I just sing in with PCGS, gold collectors club int'l. I get to grade the first 4 coins at a minimal fee. I might send it just to get use with the process grading with PCGS.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Suggest the book, “Coin Grading by Photographs” as a good start in learning about grading coins.

Hello Hemispherical, I just sing in with PCGS, gold collectors club int'l. I get to grade the first 4 coins at a minimal fee. I might send it just to get use with the process grading with PCGS.

Thanks for your feed back and the excellent link.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you collect cents and NEED that year, it seems like a waste of a voucher to get it graded. You can buy a pcgs ms66rd for less than $20
    A Pcgs ms64rd for less than $10.

What is your collecting goal?
    What is the purpose behind getting the Gold membership?
    Where are you finding your coins?