Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Auction payout times.

Who’s the fastest and most flexible nowadays? The eBay big guns used to be pretty fast but their growth has slowed that down some, I hear. Probstein is still pretty fast, I think.

The Crisser

Comments

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 1:41PM

I haven't used ebay auction consignment companies myself yet, but for those who are familiar with using their services, what is the policy of places like PWCC and Probstein for example if they were to pay out the sales profits to the person who formerly owned a card that was sold through the consigning auctions, and then after the payout transaction, the auction winner returns the item? Though rare/unlikely compared to sales just going through as expected, does the potential for this situation factor into auction payout times?

• JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Most reputable consignment operations have a payout schedule longer than their stated return window to prevent that exact scenario from taking place.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JKT said:
    Most reputable consignment operations have a payout schedule longer than their stated return window to prevent that exact scenario from taking place.

I don't remember for sure without looking it up, but doesn't paypal allow something like 180 days for a return, at least for ebay purchases using paypal? If so, do PWCC & Probstein wait longer than that amount of time for payout?

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't used PWCC so I can not comment on Brent, but have used Probstein multiple times. I can say Rick sends you an invoice within a day or two after the close of your auctions and then pays you in about 5 business days give or take.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

@BPorter26 said:
    I haven't used PWCC so I can not comment on Brent, but have used Probstein multiple times. I can say Rick sends you an invoice within a day or two after the close of your auctions and then pays you in about 5 business days give or take.

Rick is the quickest payout no doubt.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 4:12PM

I don't remember for sure without looking it up, but doesn't paypal allow something like 180 days for a return, at least for ebay purchases using paypal? If so, do PWCC & Probstein wait longer than that amount of time for payout?

PWCC despite their auctions now saying "free returns" they will still not take a card back. If you insist they will actually get a tad nasty and threaten to block your ebay id.
    They may have good seller customer service but their buyers customer service down right sucks.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

PWCC will give you up to 50% of your expected return on submissions. Probstein will not. So wait for the payout from PWCC and get 50% float to you upon them receiving.

• GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

Pwcc pays 1 to 2 week after the auction ends. Not your specific auctions but the whole auction which runs for about a month.

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Probstein123 should get into the sticker business. It’s gimmicky but it works. Guys pay almost %50 more for that dam sticker lol

• GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

But they offer a lot of options if you are both a buyer and consignor. They also will front you half of your consigment money up front if you need it.