Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Authentic 1997 Jordan Metal Universe #/10 is nearly 600k

Comments

• JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 6:26PM

Wow....admittedly I don’t know much here but shocked to see this type of money being tossed at any altered modern card.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Auction ended.. seller got a offer they could not refuse?

Guys can do what ever they what with their money but I don’t get the love for that card. Almost a million bucks!

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why was the auction stopped?

Kevin

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it says there was an error in the listing. PWCC seem to be pretty straight shooters and have too much invested in their eBay business to risk losing it.

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    Well, it says there was an error in the listing. PWCC seem to be pretty straight shooters and have too much invested in their eBay business to risk losing it.

Sorry I didn’t see where there is an explication for the auction ending. I’m on my phone so maybe the mobile version is different.

Kevin

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is getting listed again with bidding only for pre approved bidders.

Starts again on Wednesday.

Smart move.

• brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Card with legit only bidders being that it is most likely an altered version of this card still will probably get close to $250K from legit bidders. Makes you wonder if someone did attempt to trim it was it one of the notorious trimmers of years past and something went hella wrong on this one of all high end cards.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the reasoning for PWCC cancelling the auction c/p from a thread on BO:
    PWCC Marketplace
    _This auction has been ended. It will be relisted on a 7-day auction starting Wednesday evening.

This auction has risen to nearly $600k and although we've received confirmation from many bidders of their sincere intentions, there is simply too much to vet. We will start fresh on Wednesday with restricted bidding at the beginning. Only IDs which have contacted us and received approval to bid will be allowed to place bids.
    We are obviously very excited about this auction event, but ultimately feel this is the best move for ensuring the trust and safety of the marketplace is placed as a #1 priority.
    Thanks for everyone's patience in awaiting Wednesday evening. In the meantime, any interested parties should contact me directly (betsy@pwccmarketplace.com) for approval.

They posted another longer message before this one that can be found in the basketball section on BO.

• Is there a PWCC-Not Altered sticker available yet? I like PWCC, but how can they "attest" in the item description that there's been no alteration, in direct conflict with PSA's assessment? It's certainly possible that PSA is wrong, but who knows? It seems we're reaching the point of marketing hype at any cost here...

"PSA has referenced some irregular wear to the right edge as cause for the authentic assessment. We attest that this card is neither trimmed nor recolored and while we do see a higher degree of wear to the right edge, we consider this a condition flaw, not an alteration."

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am anxious to see where this card ends up. it is a dream card for sure. I am sure this will be won by an over seas bidder. I wonder what a number graded example would sell for? is this the card that was pulled out of a pack from BBCE a few years ago?

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

This is proof that some are far detached from reality. Amazing stuff.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• amp0909amp0909 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

I wonder if this is the same card that was pulled by someone who pulled it from a box that was bought on ebay. There was a story about it a long time ago.

• akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

I’m pretty sure I have several of these unopened boxes laying around

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums