Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

WTB - BBCE authenticated 1991 Topps Desert Shield Packs

As the title suggests, I am looking to buy one (or more) 1991 Topps Desert Shield packs. At this time Im looking for ones that have been authenticated by BBCE. Let me know if you have any that you would be willing to sell.

Thanks.

Comments

• Here is what I have. They are not graded but they are all in plastic or sleeves let me know if you are interested in any and i can send you detailed pictures.

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another board member had a bunch of packs and told me that Steve can't certify the loose desert shield packs. He had over 36 packs and I think Steve randomly opened a few before he certified the box.

I'm not sure if that is accurate but I wanted to pass it on. I think if you search for desert shield packs for sale you can find out his id and PM him.

Mike
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are authenticated packs. Not sure how many exist but for a short period of time BBCE had 1991 Desert Storm Packs for sale. I picked up 2 and they are sealed like above. Mine are not for sale.

• I have a couple, they've definitely reached the touch category. I could see a group rip going for a hefty amount. I don't think mine are in hard plastic cases though. The ones I have got the old business card in it and sealed with something. I'll have to get a picture.

• GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

There are authenticated packs. Not sure how many exist but for a short period of time BBCE had 1991 Desert Storm Packs for sale. I picked up 2 and they are sealed like above. Mine are not for sale.

Those looks great. I had one of those a few years ago and (stupidly) sold it. That's why Im looking to replace it. If you change your mind on letting one go, let me know (I know you wont...but had to say it, lol).

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a group break of a 91 DS wax box and the packs pictured above were how Steve wrapped them at the time. I had one also but sold it a while back.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

bumpity bump

• canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

I wanted to bump this thread to add a bit more information on how some of the packs that Steve sold were sealed. I purchased 2 from the group rip, and mine were shrink-wrapped in a plastic container with seals on the ends, and a blank business card was placed in the back (inside the container so it couldn't be removed). I'm not sure if the business card says something like "1991 Desert Shield Unopened Pack" on the reverse side, since I never opened mine or broke the seals. Here are my 2 original packs, along with the receipt from the group rip.

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.