Home Sports Talk

Sergio DQ

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 3, 2019 5:52PM in Sports Talk

The Super Bowl is so boring that I had to golf to spice things up

m

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sergio-garcia-disqualified-saudi-international-152351132.html

What has already been an eventful year regarding players and the new Rules of Golf took a bizarre turn on Saturday when Sergio Garcia was disqualified from the European Tour’s Saudi International. Tour officials deemed the 39-year-old Spaniard had committed “serious misconduct” under new Rule 1.2a during the third round at Royal Greens Golf & Country Club.

Garcia had posted a one-over 71 and was well back of the leaders after opening with rounds of 69 and 70. But according to reports, he was accused by fellow golfers playing in groups behind him of purposely hitting his putter into the greens during the round on a handful of holes, causing damage to the putting surfaces. Officials decided Garcia’s actions were significant enough to warrant disqualification.

In a statement, Garcia said: “I respect the decision of my disqualification. I damaged a couple of greens, for which I apologize for, and I have informed my fellow players it will never happen again.”

Rule 1.2a specifies the standards of player conduct and states:

All players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by:
• Acting with integrity—for example, by following the Rules, applying all penalties, and being honest in all aspects of play.
• Showing consideration to others—for example, by playing at a prompt pace, looking out for the safety of others, and not distracting the play of another player.
• Taking good care of the course—for example, by replacing divots, smoothing bunkers, repairing ball-marks, and not causing unnecessary damage to the course.

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    The Super Bowl is so boring that I had to golf to spice things up

m

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sergio-garcia-disqualified-saudi-international-152351132.html

What has already been an eventful year regarding players and the new Rules of Golf took a bizarre turn on Saturday when Sergio Garcia was disqualified from the European Tour’s Saudi International. Tour officials deemed the 39-year-old Spaniard had committed “serious misconduct” under new Rule 1.2a during the third round at Royal Greens Golf & Country Club.

Garcia had posted a one-over 71 and was well back of the leaders after opening with rounds of 69 and 70. But according to reports, he was accused by fellow golfers playing in groups behind him of purposely hitting his putter into the greens during the round on a handful of holes, causing damage to the putting surfaces. Officials decided Garcia’s actions were significant enough to warrant disqualification.

In a statement, Garcia said: “I respect the decision of my disqualification. I damaged a couple of greens, for which I apologize for, and I have informed my fellow players it will never happen again.”

Rule 1.2a specifies the standards of player conduct and states:

All players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by:
    • Acting with integrity—for example, by following the Rules, applying all penalties, and being honest in all aspects of play.
    • Showing consideration to others—for example, by playing at a prompt pace, looking out for the safety of others, and not distracting the play of another player.
    • Taking good care of the course—for example, by replacing divots, smoothing bunkers, repairing ball-marks, and not causing unnecessary damage to the course.

Those golfers are a pesky bunch!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Next tourney he should hide in a green side bunker and attack them with a rake

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:

m

:o

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the next tourney they should all have to play on some of the Municipal courses I've played on.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm surprised Sergio didn't get lynched pulling that stunt in Saudi Arabia

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Stoned or beheaded more likely.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

When the "Sergio DQ" thread seems to be getting more interest than the Super Bowl threads, that's when ya know it's a dull game. :D

@stevek said:
    When the "Sergio DQ" thread seems to be getting more interest than the Super Bowl threads, that's when ya know it's a dull game. :D

Tell me about it. I just bought a Perfect Putter on TV

m

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

I worked on night irrigation years ago at a country club, We had a timer system for the fairways and greens but some needed fine tuning for weather reasons so I would either flip the local switch at the green to give extra or shut off early.

I would always use the rakes to draw pictures or write messages in the traps , like before church outings I would leave satanic messages or whatever . Certain companies might have an outing and they would get special messages from me too. There was an old man that came in at 430 am to make sure everything on the course was ok before the day began he tried to erase it all but he wasn't 100% successful .

That was so much fun :D I should have been fired 1000 times

Bronk....I have to meet you! Do you ever go to FUN or Central States?

Bronco now probably owns the country club.

@stevek said:

no the guy that owned it was a shyster . He went bankrupt 3 times and kept changing it into different family members names . He lost control of it like 8 or 10 years ago. I did work for him after that a few times but he dropped dead last summer. Always paid in old 50 dollar bills from a fat roll B)
    The club was bought by some group of clowns that included Jeremy Roenick . He settled around here after he retired from the NHL. A much more legit bunch , I was long gone by then but they would not have tolerated the sand trap shenanigans .

Pembroke country club in Pembroke mass . A lot of loser former hockey players hung out there at the bar . Wretched drunks like Andy Brickley and Chris Nilan was another :D

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

Bronk....I have to meet you!

visual proof of this please

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

no the guy that owned it was a shyster . He went bankrupt 3 times and kept changing it into different family members names . He lost control of it like 8 or 10 years ago. I did work for him after that a few times but he dropped dead last summer. Always paid in old 50 dollar bills from a fat roll B)
    The club was bought by some group of clowns that included Jeremy Roenick . He settled around here after he retired from the NHL. A much more legit bunch , I was long gone by then but they would not have tolerated the sand trap shenanigans .

Pembroke country club in Pembroke mass . A lot of loser former hockey players hung out there at the bar . Wretched drunks like Andy Brickley and Chris Nilan was another :D

Sounds like a good screenplay for the next Caddyshack movie. :D

@DIMEMAN said:
    Bronk....I have to meet you! Do you ever go to FUN or Central States?

I never get anywhere coin show related. I'm in a little bubble here south of Boston

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

Tell me about it. I just bought a Perfect Putter on TV

m

Better than a pocket fisherman.

edited February 5, 2019 6:07PM

@Justacommeman said:

m

Ok. I think he has it in him. Do you see a rake?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNrHyJuAD04