Home Precious Metals

Is the selling market still tough on 90% premiums (or discounts)

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

recently 90% was said to be hard to unload. the prices given were lower than before.

is selling 90% silver out of a cache still monetarily painful?

what kind of sell prices (not ##.#x face but back of spot) can be expected these days.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

See Spot run.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

are you paying further back of spot for 90% than you had been previously?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over the counter retail we are paying spot minus 40¢ right now for small quantities, under $20 face. For half bag rate its -25¢, so yeah rates are still back quite a bit. For awhile back in December we were offering spot on 90% to fill orders. The real demand has been for 1 and 10 oz bars and rounds. Fresh product we are paying above spot over the counter.

• sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

I've been paying 10x face. Just bought $44 face last week in fact. Still need to buy about $20 face.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

10x standard, 10.5x for BU. @ $16 will probably have to go 10.5 / 11x BU.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sumrtym said:
    I've been paying 10x face. Just bought $44 face last week in fact. Still need to buy about $20 face.

Keep buying at that price. 10x is $2 under melt per ounce (-13%). My local pawn shops buy at $1 under.

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:
    Keep buying at that price. 10x is $2 under melt per ounce (-13%). My local pawn shops buy at $1 under.

Quite a bit more than most pawn shops.