Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Ran across some Silver Certs today and know next to nothing about them. Anything good here?

I come from the sports cards realm and know next to nothing of what to look for. If you guys could just take a quick look for me I sure would appreciate it

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice little assortment you got going there. A few large size Silvers, some consecutive small size Silvers and everything else from CU to well worn. Blue, brown, red and green seals. Hopefully they’re all living in quality currency sleeves.

• @mbwizkid said:
    Nice little assortment you got going there. A few large size Silvers, some consecutive small size Silvers and everything else from CU to well worn. Blue, brown, red and green seals. Hopefully they’re all living in quality currency sleeves.

Just found them in a drawer in a backroom of my parents house that has not been touched in probably 30+ years

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM me, and I’ll start you off with some currency sleeves to put them in.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool I like :)

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Please turn over the $10 Silver Certificate with the Blue Seal and B44989306A serial number. Is the small number on the right side 1390 or larger meaning it is a Narrow variety?
    Your sn is very close to the Wide/Narrow transition point

The 1953 DA block $5 Silver Cert is the last block printed and it was cut short, that note is semi rare

• Matt0224Matt0224 Posts: 102 ✭✭

@synchr said:
    Please turn over the $10 Silver Certificate with the Blue Seal and B44989306A serial number. Is the small number on the right side 1390 or larger meaning it is a Narrow variety?
    Your sn is very close to the Wide/Narrow transition point

The number on the back in 1327. I am guessing close but no cigar

Also I don't really know what to make of these

First Date cancellations, about $10 each max

• Bottom right 1953a has value, if no folds, handling -- depends on the back margins.

@Foxtrot said:
    Bottom right 1953a has value, if no folds, handling -- depends on the back margins.

Bottom Right is 1963a and seems to have been folded unfortunately

• Gotcha -- I also thought it was a '53a at quick glance, which is a little rarer in high grades.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hobby lobby has the note sleeves cheap. Also the large sleeves. The Hawaiian note is nice, too bad about the wrinkles. Peace Roy.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52