Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Set Registry Shenanigans

I just deleted over 400 cards from my PSA set registry, as I'm consigning them to an auction. When I was deleting them, I got messages on 39 of them, that other individuals have them registered in their sets. These are all cards that I have had for years, and in some cases, I am the person who got them graded in the first place; meaning I am the only person to ever own that particular card in PSA graded form.

Yes, I know what you're thinking, I fat fingered the updates. I checked each and every card, and I accurately input the correct numbers.

Seems to me we have a problem on the registry, with fake sets being loaded by people with even less of a life than those of us who actually own the cards! ;)

It would be nice if something could be done to fix this issue, but that is, unfortunately, not likely.

Steve

Comments

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure what you mean, Steve. Cards can’t be registered by more than 1 person. If those 39 cards were in your sets, they couldn’t have simultaneous been in someone else’s.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really weird stuff...may I suggest you contact Cosetta to see if she can provide some insight into how this could possibly happen, especially since you were the raw owner to slab.

GL with your auctions.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shagrotn77 said:
    I’m not sure what you mean, Steve. Cards can’t be registered by more than 1 person. If those 39 cards were in your sets, they couldn’t have simultaneous been in someone else’s.

That's true, however.....

All the cards are duplicates, i.e., I later obtained higher-graded examples of them. I'm presuming I had upgraded them before becoming active on the set registry, so I never input the lower-graded ones into my PSA inventory.

Steve

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, I think I may have deciphered the issue.

I just successfully added two of the cards in question, to my inventory. This means, of course, that the cards are not in someone else's registry/inventory. The cards are just like the many PSA-graded cards that are not in anyone's registry/inventory; they are currently "unclaimed", so to speak.

It appears, therefore, that the message I got when I tried to delete them: "Cert Number 12345678 is already registered by another member.", and then got a pop-up asking me if I want to send the person a message asking them to delete the card, is erroneous.

Steve

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SDSportsFan said:
    Seems to me we have a problem on the registry, with fake sets being loaded by people with even less of a life than those of us who actually own the cards! ;)

Steve

Sadly, this is true. There was a guy building a Larkin registry with 4SC cert numbers without purchasing a card. It was really annoying when I bought them and had to send scans on every one over several orders. I was having to snapshot the registry stats to see who's set the cards came out of and provided enough info they got a stern warning from the Set Registry folks.

Glad your issue turned out to be just an erroneous popup.