Home Sports Talk

Really good pro athletes that didn't look like pro athletes.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 5, 2019 8:47PM in Sports Talk

Guess I'll start with my avatar.

Lolich

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve Nash.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone is gonna ask me to define "really good" the definition is flexible.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mickey Rivers looked like he wasn’t strong enough to hold his bat up. He also always looked like he had a load in his pants

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Prince.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

I guess I understand all the responses so far except for Mickey Lolich.
    Doesn't he look like a completely normal 60's - 70's era pitcher? What am I missing?

I'm going on record now as stating that Mickey Lolich looked like a pro athlete! Damn the constant
    verbal, okay written abuse I'm bound to take for my controversial stance I'm taking on this matter.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

Lolich was a hero of mine. Charles Atlas he was not.

Lolich a bit pudgy? Not exactly C.C. Sabathia though. LOL.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

The Korda sisters, LPGA members or professional models?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    edited January 5, 2019 11:26PM

Manute Bol. He certainly had the height to look like a center but he was narrow as a 2X4. I had the good fortune to meet and converse with the shorter fellow to the right, several years ago. I am 6'2" and felt like Toulouse Lautrec standing next to him.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of baseball players on this list. How about: davi d wells, 90's Tony gwynn, Cecil fielder, Phil neikro, 80's Gaylord Perry, Rick reuchal (sp), sid Fernandez, Fernando Valenzuela and I am sure there are tons more. I also thought the 70's cards of George blanda made him seem impossibly old

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom Brady. Find his topless shots for the combine. Looked like a CPA

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    edited January 6, 2019 9:26AM

The two previous pictures I posted were Lexi Thompson at 21 years old, and Lexi
    at 25. Its tough on the LPGA, and the years have been hard on her.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Manute Bol. He certainly had the height to look like a center but he was narrow as a 2X4. I had the good fortune to meet and converse with the shorter fellow to the right, several years ago. I am 6'2" and felt like Toulouse Lautrec standing next to him.

Bol makes Chuck Nevitt look fat

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

Bol makes Chuck Nevitt look fat

m

Is that one of the Menedez brothers in the stands?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

@MLBdays said:
    On the links...he absolutely crushed it...anything and everything ...

Never knew that Chris Christie could golf.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D
    Steve

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first person I thought of was Babe Ruth.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

I can remember Larry Bowa when he first came to the big leagues. He looked like he was about 10 years old and weighed 50 pounds if you put a 20 lb weight in his pocket. Also, David Ortiz could have passed for a D tackle or OG, but not a baseball player.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mahomes looks like he should be playing QB for his High School Junior Varsity.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    The first person I thought of was Babe Ruth.

At the end of his career maybe. In that case I'll add my guy Harmon Killebrew.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set