Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Here we go again, another 'lovely' upgrade...version 2019.

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 14, 2019 4:19PM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

The last one was a step back...and this one looks silly with its dashboard layout. Also, I see they want less and less in the comments section in 'our' digital albums. This was noted last time so I made changes, I greatly reduced the verbiage. But again, I get the red warning....

...I have to stop navigating this maze...I'm sure there are more 'upgrades'.

Comments

• CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have anyone noticed that you can no longer see what new coins have been added to the sets? I am not sure if this was done on purpose or a glitch that will be fixed.

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • I have. New to the app, so thought it might be operator error. I've added several coins, using both scan and manual entry. Then have trouble finding them in my inventory. Also, not sure if the app has a help menu. If it exists, it's well hidden. Started a Set but can't figure out how to add more coins to the set. Again, could be operator error. Any help is appreciated.
    THX

• RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the old version better, and also noticed that when you enter a new coin in your set it does NOT show up in the upgrade. I use to love looking at other players sets to see what coin they just added and I too hope they bring back that feature. That is part of upgrading our sets is to show off the new Purchases.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

The column for "Source" stays invisible even though the option of having it appear is selectable.

• cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the hardest thing about being human, is coping with change. Although we would like things we become accustomed to, to never change -- it is inevitable that we evolve. I personally know in any software release / update there will be things that will need to be changed and even tweaked. I actually like the Registry web design change and it is growing on me everyday :) I have 2 sets I normally look at and both are only 10 coins in the complete set. I really like the fact when it loads, I can see my whole set without scrolling. Each to their own liking, I just hope you look for the intended good will they are doing for us and trying to keep our attention as well as attract future newbies ;)

Some may remember when the Chrysler Corp was about to go out of business and they brought back Lee Iacocca to save the business. I remember his slogan "You either lead, follow, or get out of the way" :smiley:

JMHO
    Ken

• @Bushface said:
    I have. New to the app, so thought it might be operator error. I've added several coins, using both scan and manual entry. Then have trouble finding them in my inventory. Also, not sure if the app has a help menu. If it exists, it's well hidden. Started a Set but can't figure out how to add more coins to the set. Again, could be operator error. Any help is appreciated.
    THX

Thanks for your comments! With respect to the app, I will list a couple of tips to ensure you can quickly and easily work with your inventory.

1) Make sure to refresh the inventory page when you have added items from the homepage. You can either pull down on the list to refresh or tap the refresh button on the toolbar (if on Android tap the 3 vertical dots to find refresh). If you add items from the plus sign (+) on the Inventory page your inventory list should refresh automatically.

2) Double check the sort and filter options selected underneath the search bar. The default sort is "Last Added" which will ensure you see the most recently added coins at the top. If this is changed to any of the other options your newly added coins will show up in the sorted order and will likely not be visible at the top.

3) You can always search for your coin using the search bar. You can search by date, description, grade, or cert number.

In order to add coins to a set you need to have the coins in your inventory. As soon as you add a PCGS coin that fills a slot in one of your sets you will see the "Add (1)" option from the set list.

To quickly see the items in a set as well as slots that you can add an item to, you can filter below the search bar from "All" to "Items I own".

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Josh Logier

Software Engineer, PCGS
    app@pcgs.com
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see I'm not the only one...

There used to be a page where we could access all the registry sets by denomination, type, country, etc.,...I don't see that anymore. There's a teaser at the bottom of my Dashboard, But I'd like to see all of them. I want to see other sets...

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like the way the "new" Registry navigates at all! Very cumbersome. Please bring back the previous version.

• cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@renman95 said:
    Glad to see I'm not the only one...

There used to be a page where we could access all the registry sets by denomination, type, country, etc.,...I don't see that anymore. There's a teaser at the bottom of my Dashboard, But I'd like to see all of them. I want to see other sets...

Good question, take a look in the upper right hand corner and click the drop down "Explore"

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

thx @cointime

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 4:34PM

My page gets stuck until the left menu (blue) board loads in "My Inventory".
    Anyway to remove that in settings?
    It's maddening.