Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Superior Grading Company in NY

Has anyone used this service?

http://www.superior-grading.com/

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen them before, but I've never used their services or purchase any of their graded currency's !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve used Superior Grading several times. Accurate grading, low wait times and a holder very similar to a PCGS holder.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Is the top edge open like PCGS?
    Looks like it is...

@synchr said:
    Is the top edge open like PCGS?
    Looks like it is...

Yes. Everything about the holder mimics PCGS. The label is a fold over style with a similar feel and color as the PCGS holder. The holder thickness is also the same. If you had one in each hand, with your eyes closed, it would be difficult to distinguish a difference.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting information, thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Steve, would you consider this a good and respectable service offering value on a level with PMG and PCGS?

@notehunter494 said:
    Steve, would you consider this a good and respectable service offering value on a level with PMG and PCGS?

In a word, Yes

Although I have limited experience, less than 20 notes submitted, Superior Grading has provided accurate, consistent grading with below average wait times and comparable pricing across all service levels.

• Thanks Steve, I am going to look into it further. They are a quick train ride from me and if I can get some things documented by them it is better than selling ungraded. Shipping the stuff and long turn around times creep me out and I do not go to shows so I miss out on those special situations. I will let you know how it goes.