Home Sports Talk

College Football 2019

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never too early

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. 1 question entering 2018 season - Is there anyone with a snowballs chance in Hell of defeating Alabama?
    No. 1 question entering 2019 season - Is there anyone with a snowballs chance in Hell of defeating Clemson?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019 9:04AM

Way too early but for my playoff picks I'll say,

1. Clemson
    2. Georgia
    3. OSU
    4. Texas

Clemson beats Texas.
    Georgia beats OSU.
    Georgia beats Clemson for the #1 spot.... B)

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019 5:32PM

@Bullsitter said:
    Way too early but for my playoff picks I'll say,

1. Clemson
    2. Georgia
    3. OSU
    4. Texas

Clemson beats Texas.
    Georgia beats OSU.
    Georgia beats Clemson for the #1 spot.... B)

And Garnettstyle complains yet again about two southern teams playing for the National Championship. Claims OSU should advance even with a loss in the playoffs. The system is rigged. Claims ESPN bias, bad calls, venue too warm and the committee sucks.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a fan of Clemson, but I wouldn't count out Bama being in the playoffs once again, especially since they had the #1 recruiting class for 2019.

insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings/_/class2019%26date%3Dnull

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:
    I'm a fan of Clemson, but I wouldn't count out Bama being in the playoffs once again, especially since they had the #1 recruiting class for 2019.

insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings/_/class2019%26date%3Dnull

They have, however, lost five assistant coaches already.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@Catbert said:

They have, however, lost five assistant coaches already.

Coach turnover at Alabama is the norm. Hurt them in the championship game, but Saban will correct this (and has partially with hire of Sarkisian).

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Buckeyes will be returning 9-10 starters on defense. So I look for a much improved play on that side of the ball. Justin Fields has the potential to be dominating at QB, much like Haskins. And he is a better runner than JT Barrett.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

@1970s said:
    Clemson will surely not win the national championship next year. The coach cursed himself and his team after calling themselves the best ever. I can't ever remember a coach doing that in the 35 years I've watched college football. Coach and team is going to taste some humble pie next year. Clemson has officially cursed itself.

Yeah, that's not good.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far I've stuck with my New Years Resolution. How long will it last... o:)

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

My 2018 New Years resolution was to lighten up on Garnettstyle. 2019 I’m ramping up again

m

@Justacommeman said:

@Bullsitter said:

My 2018 New Years resolution was to lighten up on Garnettstyle. 2019 I’m ramping up again

m

Says the Meechigan fan.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

let's start a "Rag on garnettsyle" thread and see what happens.