Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ebay make an offer to buyers option.

Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a new feature? Has anyone used it before and has it been useful? I logged in this morning and looked under my active sale items. First time I ever noticed that 3 items had the option to send an offer to the potential buyers. So I sent offers out on the 3 items. I don’t know how they decide who the “buyers” are because the number of offers sent out for each item didn’t match the number of watchers they had. Maybe it’s only if someone has your item in their cart? Anyway less then an hour after sending out the offers i got a notice that one was accepted. Thought it was pretty cool for the first time using the feature. So has anyone else used it before and has it been useful or a waste of time?

Comments

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been around for a while now.

A fantastic move by ebay.

• Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Is this something that is available to everyone? I’m on eBay everyday and have been since the late 90’s, always checking in on my items for sale and have never seen that option before. I’m definitely going to make use of it whenever it’s available from now on.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is news to me. Thanks for posting.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 12:20PM

@Rob41281 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Is this something that is available to everyone? I’m on eBay everyday and have been since the late 90’s, always checking in on my items for sale and have never seen that option before. I’m definitely going to make use of it whenever it’s available from now on.

I do not know.

Could be AI

When someone asks for my best price on a BIN (I do not use the best offer option) then a best offer box pops up in the message.

• Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have used it once. I had an item listed for 3 weeks and was hoping to move it faster. it was a BIN listing. I sent all of the people watching it an offer of $20 cheaper and someone bit. excellent feature if you ask me.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Agree. the buyer/seller and Ebay are all potential winners.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rob41281 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

I receive notices in the Ebay message tab letting me know that items are being watched or are in buyers carts. If I cut the price 5% or more they will notify the buyers.

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used it often. If a buyer has a question, you have an option to offer a better price BAM!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

@Rob41281 said:
    Is this a new feature? Has anyone used it before and has it been useful? I logged in this morning and looked under my active sale items. First time I ever noticed that 3 items had the option to send an offer to the potential buyers. So I sent offers out on the 3 items. I don’t know how they decide who the “buyers” are because the number of offers sent out for each item didn’t match the number of watchers they had. Maybe it’s only if someone has your item in their cart? Anyway less then an hour after sending out the offers i got a notice that one was accepted. Thought it was pretty cool for the first time using the feature. So has anyone else used it before and has it been useful or a waste of time?

Did you first receive a message from someone about each of these 3 items?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file