Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Libeling PCGS and Mr. Hall ..............oh my

Seller is offering an 1889CC dollar on ebay and it's raw and she says AU/MS. I sent a note to encourage her to send to PCGS and get it graded as she's probably leaving a lot on the table. I told her she could do an express submission for about $150 and it would likely be worth every cent.
I get this back:

**New message from: kathleewibl-0

We do NOT trust PCGS,why do you think one of the Co Founders just got terminated! Corruption! They give out god grades to their friends and if you are joe blow like us we would four grades lower then their buddies! No thank you!**

Wow, this is just not right and now I'm wondering what the scuttlebut on the street is saying.

bob :(

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

She should view the thread about speaking correct English.

Poor answer to your question as well. Sounds like sour grapes or she’s hiding something. She has options other than PCGS.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps you should buy it and send it in :)

Collector, occasional seller

• USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Perhaps you should buy it and send it in :)"

My thoughts exactly and then show her the results of what she lost! Karma!!!

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

The auction was started at $500 and no BIN option. She has since ended it. Her next message indicated that she knows the reason for management changes was corruption......which she claims to have knowledge of.

here:

New message from: kathleewibl-0
    Yes, I do know something and can no talk further about that!

I do believe this woman has no clue as to what she is doing or that she is harming the owner of the coin by refusing to even listen to getting it graded. I told her I was not pro PCGS or anti NGC and that she should just get it graded by someone to prove it's authenticity and establish a value by grade.

bob :)

Just snagged a low price IKE from her... Not huge but priced about $10 below market from past sales with free shipping ;)

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going to guess there are alot of people who feel this way.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there's more to this story than the seller is letting on...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

@lkenefic said:

Sure, might be it is a fake, might be she doesn't have a friend that she's doing it for.....yada yada

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

And to think that she votes.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@massscrew said:

Then you can show her what a "Details Grade - Cleaned" coin looks like.

thefinn
    edited January 8, 2019 4:59AM

@thefinn said:

@massscrew said:

Then you can show her what a "Details Grade - Cleaned" coin looks like.

Yup maybe. I never saw the coin and was going by the OP's original post claiming that she may be leaving a lot on the table...

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s How rude ..... speaking without any facts :# You should knock the chip of her shoulder :D

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect it is a details coin or worse and she knows it.

@Smudge said:
    I suspect it is a details coin or worse and she knows it.

I suspect you are right.......

• vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I wonder if PCGS gave her some bad news.

The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:

@lkenefic said:

Sure, might be it is a fake, might be she doesn't have a friend that she's doing it for.....yada yada

MIGHT be a fake? who in their right mind doesn't send in an AU-MS 89-CC to at least be authenticated, unless it's not authentic!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

1st time I've seen a US Coin Forum post on the BST. :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread doesn't belong in the BST Forum as others have pointed out. That said, there's a real possibility the seller already knows PCGS would details grade this coin. Also, eBay sellers and even a few regular coin dealers have been known to buy problem coins in PCGS slabs at a greatly discounted price compared to similar problem free coins and then crack them out and sell them raw without any mention of the problem. They also do the same with lustrous PCGS AU55 or 58 coins. They'll crack them out and sell them as Choice BU or MS65. Buying raw coins on eBay can be a real mine field. Be careful out there.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Just going to say, why is this in BST????

BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019 9:19AM

How does a PM/opinion constitute libel? Was the question/comment posted on the eBay listing?

Sorry guys/gals for wrong forum. My bad. Too old to even get the right forum it seems. Having trouble with simple things and slowly getting worse as time goes along. Thanks for responding.
    @BAJJERFAN yes the comment was posted on an ebay listing.... Seems like it's easy to throw stones when it's the internet. I was taken aback by the comment and wondered what others have heard regarding Mr. Hall's departure. This is why I posted. I don't care about her dollar although that is what led me to her.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019 2:19PM

Stupidity runs rampant . It can't be fixed.