Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Coins pretty much from around the world to identify, need help

Hello, I got about 200 coins from here and there around the world. I am looking for someone who will help me to identify these coins. If anyone his available and can take time to identify them. I will gladly reward him or her with a couple of these coins to ether complete a collection or for what ever. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I suggest that you either go to the library to study/read it or order a used copy of Krause World Coins..... it doesn't have to be more recent than 3-4 years. It will answer 95% of your foreign coin questions. Then, as I've suggested before, pick up a copy of Herbert's "Error Book" and really study it so that you understand the minting process and the variety of things that can go wrong.

• Options
    acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I did that today read on error coin thanks

• Options

Thank for your offering on the foreign coins, well appreciate. I will send you 2 coins right know and will keep feeding you on and off. P.S. I don't know if you are aware that I had a car accident in 2007 with brain trauma. % years in rehab. Doing better know but still slow on subject that is new to me. I can work anymore at 56 as a Eng, consultant in the industries for rotating equipment reliability. I am trying hard to get this wright with this hobby, but I have a slow learning process. I have to live with that and life go on . A+ Thank

• Options

Here is one for you

• Options

another

• Options

more

• Options

coin

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    edited January 4, 2019 3:00PM

• Options
    edited January 4, 2019 3:05PM
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

follow syl's advise or, as a minimum from your computer, go to
    NUMISTA.com and study first how to use this very valuable FREE tool/site.
    then try your luck. I bet you will be able to identify more than 70% of all your coins and have a lot more fun than someone helping you.
    Numista has saved my bud many times.
    good luck with that.
    And there is always Feebay. guess what country your coin could be and eliminate all others step by step.
    Not only will you find your coin eventually, you will also be in a position to know the approximate value of it.
    and finally.
    please try and take sharp and clear images. when you post pictures here.
    Good luck with your project.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options

• Options

Thanks take your time no rush got at ease. Will send you some more in day's to come. A+

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2019 3:17PM

Some of them have the name of the country clearly displayed on them. :/

The others - Arabic and the like - might need some expert advice. I would guess that the one with the Great Pyramids is from Egypt.

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2019 1:56PM

As I said above, just buy 1-2 used copies of Krause world coins .. one 20th century and one 2001 til a few years ago. Your coins are all found in the 5-10 for a dollar bin at most stores and are actually worth much less. Here is the place to buy your own personal Krause books: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?cm_sp=SearchF--topnav--Results&ds=20&kn=krause%20world%20coins&sts=t

Evidently this site/server doesn't let you post the entire link. You will have to copy the entire 2-line link above to get your Krause guides (20th century and 2001 to date) and paste/enter it to search and get it.

For less than $15-20 total including shipping, you will find the ID and price of every coin that you have listed or will in the furture. As far as errors .... you need to STUDY the books, not read small sections of them

• Options

THANKS A LOT,

I WILL FOLLOW
    YOU ADVICE. B)

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    Some of them have the name of the country clearly displayed on them. :/