Home Sports Talk

My pre-Championship NCAA Conference assessment.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2, 2019 5:06AM in Sports Talk

Some may not agree and it is a bitter pill to swallow, but this is how it seems the five BCS Conferences rank. To me, the winner of the Alabama vs. Clemson game won't affect the list.

1.) SEC.
2.) ACC.
3-4.) Big 10 and Big 12/Big12 and Big 10, depending on where your loyalty lies.
5.) PAC 10.

In the coming years, absent any meaningful inter-Conference play, I can't foresee any big changes in this alignment. Talent tends to be heading to the Southeast and the West Coast/Southwest schools seem to suffer the most. My hunch is that as long as "money" is the controller there won't be change in the current format. We had all better get used to seeing repeats of next weeks game in varying incarnations with occasional appearances by Big 10/Big 12 Teams. I am not thrilled about that but it is all we have.

I will add that although I don't like Notre Dame I think they are the lone school that actually puts their reputation on the line. They seem to be the only school, by virtue of their history and Independent status, that is willing to play the better Teams in the five major Conferences. They should be congratulated for that.

Al H.

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talent will always follow the money. Time to take the payola out of the shadows and allow the honest coaches to compete.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Talent will always follow the money. Time to take the payola out of the shadows and allow the honest coaches to compete.

Who are the honest coaches?

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

keets our boy will blow a gasket when he reads your list :D

I’ll go with

1) SEC by quite a bit

2) BIG TEN they have a lot of crap teams but overall still good middle on up

2) BIG 12. They have improved a lot and are on par with the BIG TEN.

4) ACC. One great team and a big drop off from there. Decent depth

5) PAC 12. They stink

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who are the honest coaches

they are the ones who haven't been implicated in a scandal not of their making by trying to protect their Employer and the Alumnus donors. some never get caught, others always do.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

honest coaches in college football? Those are the guys that didn't get the job

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Who are the honest coaches

they are the ones who haven't been implicated in a scandal not of their making by trying to protect their Employer and the Alumnus donors. some never get caught, others always do.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. SEC
    2. BIG10
    3. BIG12
    4. ACC
    5. PAC12
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    honest coaches in college football? Those are the guys that didn't get the job

A lot of truth to that.

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2019 5:24AM

@Justacommeman said:
    keets our boy will blow a gasket when he reads your list :D

I’ll go with

1) SEC

2) BIG TEN

2) BIG 12. .

4) ACC. \

5) PAC 12.

m

This is the correct ranking. The ACC was pretty weak this year. Even ND destroyed ACC teams. The BIG has the best record against the non-conference power five over the last two years, and the west is getting stronger. SEC AND BIG were the only 2 conferences that had winning records against the NC power five. The SEC was ALOT stronger this year than last.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED