Home Q & A Forum

2018 nickels. All with die chips! Is this a known error or new error???

TimbobbTimbobb Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
edited January 1, 2019 3:06PM in Q & A Forum

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018 9:49AM

It is now! Thanks for posting these.

• TimbobbTimbobb Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2019 3:07PM

Thanks I’m stoked.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you find them? If in a new rolls of nickels, then I would expect to find multiples as the defective die was cranking them out by the thousands.

I found a run of die chips on the other side of Monticello. I kept a couple and spent the rest,

In your case you seem to have a progression of the chips, which is neat. Value? Whatever you can get for them, and if it were me I would not turn down anything over face,

• JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

They look pretty neat. If my local coin shop was selling these for 50c - $1 each, I’d buy a few just because they look nice.

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

Nice find Timbob. Looks pretty cool!

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

When roll searching you can come across rolls or boxes like this. Some catch on most do not. Usually you can find things like this with chips in Philadelphia rolls. Some get a modest premium. I collect nickels and would be interested in getting a few from you. Don’t clean them or handle them too much.