Home U.S. Coin Forum

Why Does Frisco Mint Sell Coins Uncertified?

AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huge copper dealer. 628 DBLCs on offer alone. 333 of these are uncertified. Many of those are in the $500-2000+ range.

I've got my own theories. Interested in what others think.

Smitten with DBLCs.

Comments

• ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭

Most of the experienced people that I know which are involved with pre-1857 copper, be it half cents, large cents, and especially colonials prefer their coins raw. They generally know how to grade and prefer to hold history and not plastic in their hands. I do understand slabbing uncirculated or strong AU coins for protection if nothing else.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aotearoa said:
    Huge copper dealer. 628 DBLCs on offer alone. 333 of these are uncertified. Many of those are in the $500-2000+ range.

I've got my own theories. Interested in what others think.

Because some people know how to grade for themselves?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because there are issues that would prevent slabbing (with no issues) but many of the EAC people have their own views and take things into account (and don't want slabs anyway)?

Why pay for slabbing, have a details graded holder given, and then try to sell? When you can put it up for the price you want and let EAC collectors have at it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file