Home U.S. Coin Forum

Big coin show agent question

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jabba

Hopefully, the dealer/agent is someone that you have had successful transactions with in the past and s/he is going to the show. You provide grade/price range, tone, etc.

If it is the first time then I would start small $-wise until you are sure the the dealer/agent is in sync with your desires to prevent the heartburn/sour stomach feelings.

IMHO

The dealer I have been with makes a lists of items I am interested in and brings them back. I have bought 99.9% of everything brought back. The 0.1 was because he wrote someone else’s coin on the list for me. No extra charge since the dealer was already attending.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark Feld

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the ANA is coming to town (or other big national show) it may be worth having an agent, especially if you are in the market for a Stella, a 1794 dollar, or a 54-S QE.

For a typical local/regional show, you are probably fortunate that you are unavailable. There is a high degree of certainty that you would not find anything you could not find better and or less expensive online.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file