Home U.S. Coin Forum

GTG one of my FAV > > > > REVEAL

2»

Comments

• jedmjedm Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks really nice! I will guess you bought it thinking it could grade a 65? I have no classic gold yet, but one like that is what I'm thinking of choosing first.

• CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say 63 by the top photos. All the other photos are confusing. Don't know if I'm looking at your coin or someone else's.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many happy BST transactions
  • ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭

I’ll call it a nice AU. Very nice coin! That’s my one of my favorite 20th century gold types.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going with MS64 just because you were disappointed. If it was 65 and over you would not have been.

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

• JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice, 65 is my guess.

Wow, PF you are a young'un. I thought you had to have grey hair to collect coins.

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you’ve got two camps, the AU58/60, and the MS64/65, both making their judgements based on the quality of the photo. That should tell you something! A photo at an angle might show hidden nicks, etc., so that might be a consideration next time.

Me? 64+, but I’m an optimist.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like friction Marks on the reverse but could just be the photo.
    My guess is MS62

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disregard the other photos by other member; does not have anything to do with mine nor the subject :s

Mine are the top 2 pictures on the opening post :)

@1Mike1 said:
    I'll say 63 by the top photos. All the other photos are confusing. Don't know if I'm looking at your coin or someone else's.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

64/64+ from the pics.
    Almost looks *too" good.....?

@Paradisefound said:
    ....I am 29 and can see :p

Wut? :D:D:D:p

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

edited December 4, 2018 11:43PM

Wut about 29's? :#>:):s<3:D;)B)

@1Mike1 said:

@Paradisefound said:

@Paradisefound said:
    Wut about 29's? :#>:):s<3:D;)B)

;) a bit blue when I get the grade but Happy overall because I know it is totally A + if anything :) > @1Mike1 said:

@Paradisefound said:

Aren't all the ladies 29? :)

@1Mike1
    I don't think so ...... it could be a few under or less ;)

• BGERRISHBGERRISH Posts: 74 ✭✭✭

Looks like a solid 64

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm lost here totally, between the gold and the ladies, can the OP restart this thread?

If not, mt take is;

So 64 camp is unacceptable, neither is 58, with or without dings, I'll go with 29

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

That does seem harsh. But we will never know why under current PCGS policy.

@Insider2 is correct .... it has to be the shoulder rub B)

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your reveals, still a very nice attractive coin

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your second pictures are much better than the first.

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations. My guess was* AU-58/MS-62 based on the images ... as I saw what looked like rub on the Eagle's shoulder. I think you still have a very nice Indian Eagle, irrespective of the grade on the holder.

*I don't often make it to the GTG threads before the grade is revealed!

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a trip to the sticker factory is in this coin’s future? :)

I'll wait for you next time <3

@astrorat said:
    *I don't often make it to the GTG threads before the grade is revealed!

• Senator32Senator32 Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say MS-63

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks very nice, I would have guessed 64, the "rub" on the shoulder looks like strike deficiency to me.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
    edited December 5, 2018 10:38AM

I'll either crack it in a couple years for resubmission or CAC it ;) and while we are at it do you think 63 CAC = 64 in demand ?

*I am not a seller nor a flipper ...... here observing and to learn this aspect of the collecting along the way

@U1chicago said:

@Paradisefound said:
    I'll either crack it in a couple years for resubmission or CAC it ;) and while we are at it do you think 63 CAC = 64 in demand ?

*I am not a seller nor a flipper ...... here observing and to learn this aspect of the collecting along the way

@U1chicago said:

The spread isn’t huge between a 63 and a 64 for this date, so the sticker could get you fairly close to 64 no sticker value in my opinion. Even with no sticker, if the coin is PQ and one was selling it would be justifiable to ask a premium above an average example.

http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/coin/detail/8884

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your disappointment PF! With so few marks, I can see why.

By the way, a think a different reveal is in order to show us the other side (of your avatar)! ;):D>:)B)

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

My Observe is " For Your Eyes Only " For a Few eyes Only >:)<3>:)

@Catbert said:

By the way, a think a different reveal is in order to show us the other side (of your avatar)! ;):D>:)B)

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

:(:'(<3

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

@Catbert said:

Secret service was able to acquire that photo. Unfortunately this was all that they were allowed to release:

Folks ....... Let's get back on the TRACK shall we?

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are tight, that's likely the nicest 63 out there! And the new holder looks great! She's a keeper!

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

In addition to the 'value' of the CAC sticker, think of the educational value a CAC submission brings. When I submit coins to CAC (and I have a box of 20 there now), I use their opinion as a way to educate myself on what I believe to be original, accurately graded coins. I also submit coins I think are 'at the limit' just to fine tune my originality sensitivity.

For a box of 20, the total cost is around $20* each if all are 'approved' and as a collector, I am only charged their fee if the coin receives a sticker. That's a bargain.

If you are not a CAC member or If you only have a coin or two to submit, I am sure folks here are willing to add yours to their submission.

*$14.50 each plus postage each way

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous coin regardless.

Many happy BST transactions
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just goes to show what a difference a good pic can make. I'm glad it was better than the AU camp.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still looking for a nice $10 Indian, I'd be happy with that one. Why not secure/trueviewed?

Collector, occasional seller

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get 25 more coins and the importance of all this will settle into a relaxed contentment and something to gaze at over
    A cuppa Kona.
    It's Purdy!
    That's what counts. :)

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin; very tough to get raw coins to grade high in this day and age.

I didn't think about it .... must've been water logged then :p

@ChrisH821 said:
    I'm still looking for a nice $10 Indian, I'd be happy with that one. Why not secure/trueviewed?

@Paradisefound said:
    I didn't think about it .... must've been water logged then :p

Wut? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file